• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Bit-Coin Rig/xbox 360(all-in-one)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hallenhero

Registered
First, I would like to apologize if this is in the wrong location. I am still fairly new here and am not sure where to post a build log.
Second, I would like to thank Hokie and others for great advice during the planning stage.

Here is my build thus far:
Intel 3770k
Asus Sabertooth(temporary)
G-Skill Ripjaws(16GB at 2133)
HD Radeon 7970 x4
Thermaltake Toughpower 1375
DangerDen Double wide black series

Cooling:
Swiftech mc35x-duel
DangerDen Dream flex 1/2 ID in UV-red and UV-blue
FrozenQ V-series reservoir(Even though they are a bit pricey, I think it's cool that they are doing there own US based thing)
DangerDen Black Ice GTX 4x120
DangerDen Black Ice GTX 3x120
Raystorm XSPC CPU block
EK FC 7970 blocks (x4)
EK FC Crossfire link
EK FC duel serial bridge(temp)
Monsoon compression fittings <----- HIGHLY recommend

It is late and I may have missed something as this is all off memory. I will post some current pics.

I am also integrating an xbox 360. I have lots of ideas for this that I will share in greater detail later. A teaser: its liquid cooled, custom power fitting, custom extension and mod to put the ports next to my other display ports on the machine, Possible interfacing with my PC if I feel like hoping into assembler to write a driver for it(I do)

Last edited:
So I am a tid-bit late in making this log as I have already started. I will make an attempt to catch up with pictures.

This was a fun package to receive... christmas came way early...or late...
IMG_2096.jpg
Here is one that displays the rads in all their epic glory!
IMG_2101.jpg

Here is all my stuff layed out and ready to go... mostly. Can you figure out whats missing!?
IMG_2102.jpg

FACT: EK blocks are more beautiful than 99.9% of art out there.
IMG_2112.jpg
Another look at these amazing double pass rads!
IMG_2116.jpg
This duel version of the M35X is quite literally 2 M35X's with a different head on it. This should provide sufficient flow and pressure with its awesome push/pull pumping.
IMG_2119.jpg

My 7970's are clean! If you are wondering I am using an Otter Box Defender series case on my phone.
IMG_2122.jpg
This might be a big jump but oh well.
IMG_2131.jpg
Another angle
IMG_2133.jpg
One more
IMG_2137.jpg
....Last one...I swear!
IMG_2144.jpg
Here is a closer look at that raystorm block
IMG_2139.jpg

thats a nice clean looking system so far, looks sick on that sabertooth can only imagine what you've spent so far on it=)

Looking great so far; subscribed!

(I'm also going to move it over to project logs for you. :thup: )

7970 pull ~650 mhashs so you should pull 2600 mhashs!
i make about half with my 6950 (~320)

and slap a xbox 360 in it! sweet build!

looks like its going to be a small work of art when its done=)

I wouldn't say small hahaha. This case is ginormous!

Here are some more pictures. I have made a ton of progress....but got a little to into it to take as many pictures as I should have. There is a bit of a leap in progress because of that.

Untitled.jpg

Looks good in that case if I do say so myself!

IMG_2158.jpg

Here are those Monsoon compression fittings that I was talking about. Btw, I have decided to go with a red and blue theme. The idea is that the hose is blue(cold) when it leaves a rad and enters a component, and red(hot) when it leaves a component.

IMG_2166.jpg

This was about the closest fit I have ever seen in my life. It was like I planned it...though I didn't. I am going to claim that I did however so forget that I said I didn't. Nearly made my heart stop.

IMG_2164.jpg

hehe wow i knew that was one big *** case but wow that suckers is like a small fridge! amazing looking build so far!

It hit me a while ago: this is going to be really difficult to dress in the back.
I will figure it out. I will post the logic behind this build at some point.

Anyways... more pics!

IMG_2162.jpg
Here is a side view
IMG_2163.jpg

One more close up
IMG_2165.jpg

Here is a better pic of how close the case is to the crossfire bridge
IMG_2173.jpg

Here is a verry -VERRY- crude paste of what the reservoir will look like. Imagine one of the twisty rods is red though....
Cruderesi1.jpg

Back