• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Bit-Coin Rig/xbox 360(all-in-one)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the nice comments!

I feel like I want delta 120mm fans... but I don't want to pay for delta 120mm fans. This is especially true due to the fact that I plan on doing push/pull. Any advice in the fan dept would be much appreciated.

i would try to find some quality clear fans to go with the build,maybe with some alternating colored led's=)

I plan on over clocking quite a bit. I just need performance for my fans, especially with black ice GTX rads. Optimally I would prefer clear fans with blue LED's. I was thinking about the Thermaltake fans, specifically these. They are sort of middle of the pack, and I figure if I do push/pull they might suffice. But MANNNNN... those Delta fans are mad sexy...just too expensive. Many people say that when they test the fans outside of the case, it creates noticeable air flow in the room.

What kind of delta 120mm fans were thinking about?

Maybe their fans evolved over time but 7 years ago I built a watercooling system with delta fans and it was just too damn loud...

I bought a crate (24, ended up costing almost the same than 6) of Delta AFB1212VHE (not rev.C I think mine were 129.96 CFM, 10.7 mmH20, 48 dBa) but unless you REALLY need the airflow, I'd suggest you try something else.

Only used 4 on the rad though (push - pull) and 2 in the case for regular airflow. But basically when I started the computer, it sounded like an airplane lifting off.

Scythe GentleTyphoons, the high speed ones should be plenty performance for you. They're still hella expensive like the Delta's though...

The thing I like about the deltas is that they produce the same air flow as other 120mm fans at the low end of its RPM. At this specified RPM range they produce next to no noise even though they match other fans', which are "more quiet", airflow.
ra7sstreamhvvsall.png

I would use a fan controller so the fans would only be loud when I need the performance. I will admit that the delta fans are outrageously loud when at full load.

The thing I like about the deltas is that they produce the same air flow as other 120mm fans at the low end of its RPM. At this specified RPM range they produce next to no noise even though they match other fans', which are "more quiet", airflow. I would use a fan controller so the fans would only be loud when I need the performance. I will admit that the delta fans are outrageously loud when at full load.

Not entirely true, that really depends on the exact model you're getting. The ones I mentionned before wouldn't spin below a certain point and when they did spin they had that annoying winning noise. So real dB's were lowish but the sound they produced was just awful and could be heard over pretty much anything. Just be careful with that, if you can, buy only one and test it first before investing too much.

Not entirely true, that really depends on the exact model you're getting. The ones I mentionned before wouldn't spin below a certain point and when they did spin they had that annoying winning noise. So real dB's were lowish but the sound they produced was just awful and could be heard over pretty much anything. Just be careful with that, if you can, buy only one and test it first before investing too much.
This is a good point. I will look up the lowest operating speed for the fan.

In the original thread post, it says you are using 4 7970's, yet the Sabertooth only has 3 pci-e 16 slots. How will you connect the 4th to mine with?

you going to be switching to a lga 2011 so you have pci 3.0 x40 hallenhero?

you going to be switching to a lga 2011 so you have pci 3.0 x40 hallenhero?

Like the rampage board? In reality I should have started with a rampage. I did not want to spend the money for one of those six core chips, and was also later coerced out of buying a 2cnd gen for some reason that I cant remember. This is a mistake that will cost me. anyone heard anything about the next rampage board?

There are skt1155 boards that can run four gpus via third party controllers. You don't have to write ivy off unless you want to. EVGA's Z77 FTW and ASUS' soon to come Maximus V Formula will I believe, plus a few others on the market.

There are skt1155 boards that can run four gpus via third party controllers. You don't have to write ivy off unless you want to. EVGA's Z77 FTW and ASUS' soon to come Maximus V Formula will I believe, plus a few others on the market.

The only thing that I write off with the Ivy series is the substitution of solder with thermal paste for the IHS. I can't tell you how excited I am too see this thing in action though, even though its potential is limited by this factor.

I have had a few bad experiences with EVGA in the past, believe it or not. I have never ran an EVGA board but have purchased their Nvidia cards(which one did not work). Also, my friend is doing a duel 680 build and one of his cards also did not work upon arrival. Might just be bad luck because I know they are usually highly rated. I did notice that the Maximus V Gene is out so its only a matter of time.

Back