• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Bit-Coin Rig/xbox 360(all-in-one)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if you looking for fans look at yate loons they are cheap and pretty decent rad fans pretty recommended for budget fans

Hey guys! it's been a while without an update. a long while... things have been hectic due to college as well as my recent enlistment into the US navy. I will definitely put up the rest of the build log if anyone is interested. I must say, it came out well.

Ps. there still is a minor problem that I am working out. I will put forth more details tomorrow.

Does that minor detail have anything to do with the fact that Gpu mining is reaching the end of it's paradigm? ( :sadface: :( )

Sad face indeed. However, no, it does not. The problem is with the fan speed controlling. Due to the ridiculousness of the fans(30 running watts each), no digital controller on the market seems to be able to handle them. To give an idea of what the computer sounds like, its louder than my 5 hp shop vac. I will start up the log again now. thanks for viewing

Here is the reservoir from frozen q. I know they are expensive for what you get but without it there was a gaping hole in the cases visual design.

2012-06-22214647_zpsbd25e9d3.jpg
2012-06-22214834_zpsa44926ca.jpg
2012-06-22215218HDR_zpsf5a1f87f.jpg
2012-06-25041228HDR_zps1c53eef8.jpg
2012-06-24234809HDR_zps5c5df3f0.jpg

here are the rest of the fans on the radiators. It was really quite difficult to screw them into the case by the way.
2012-06-25000618_zps27f650cf.jpg

I have all the wires (with exception of some temporary ones) hidden to the side of the rads as well as running through the top rear of the case. The wires you see are just to get it to run :/
you can see it a bit better back on this pic
2012-06-25063713HDR_zpsceb27f50.jpg

Dressing the computer is one of the challenges that comes with clear acrylic cases. I also have some cathodes just hanging in those pictures, they do have spots to be mounted in, I just wanted to give an idea of the color the tubing appears as. Also, the resi's cathode is shot so I wanted to try to show what that should look like. I still have yet to replace it.

Also, side note. the theme for the cooling system(which was way overkill - I just fell in love with liquid cooling as a hobby) was red exiting a component and blue exiting a radiator. This represents temperature.... sort of.
More to come later. I also have some info about the xbox logistics if anyone is interested. you may have noticed its not in the pictures yet.

might want to wait to add the xbox until e3 when they announce the new one do out in November:)

Back