• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Watercooled A64 Rig high temps or just about right??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ls7corvete- I don't want to come down on a fellow member, but your comments seem a little harsh. I mean- we are water cooling our computers for God's sake. Crash has reasonable concerns about his temperatures. Constructive comments have been offered to help him discover the true temperatures.

If you feel that temperatures, probe placement and motherboard quirks are "meaningless" then what the hell are you doing in here? I mean we are the very edge of geekiness. You are pushing water through tubes into a computer. You have presumably spent quite a bit of time and money doing this. We have crossed the line of "meaningful" a long time ago. We water cool, tweak, adjust, measure, and discuss our hobby because we have fun doing it.

We're all on the same geeky team, after all.

I am just saying he should not take the temperatures too seriously as they are an unreliable way of comparing temps. What they do do very well is tell us how changes affect the system, ie, if he changes something he will be able to see if it has a positive or negatice effect but should not try and acheive a temp someone else with a similar setup is getting.

They are not useless, they simply need to be used correctly.

Sorry ls7corvete- little grouchy last night. It is true that seeking "truth" in ones temperatures is often a fruitless task.

ls7corvete said:
I am just saying he should not take the temperatures too seriously as they are an unreliable way of comparing temps. What they do do very well is tell us how changes affect the system, ie, if he changes something he will be able to see if it has a positive or negatice effect but should not try and acheive a temp someone else with a similar setup is getting.

They are not useless, they simply need to be used correctly.

My object was not to attain a temp that someone else was attaining, but to make sure that the watercooling circuit in my rig was as optimized as I could get it...... :cool: Anyways I temporarily put a probe on the sucker and just as I thought the real CPU temp is 27C, case closed, the MSI boards temp readings are full of it.

Fear not, I am on the Neo2 also and I have an eheim 1250, Dangerden RBX, Thermochill 120.2 with 120x38 panaflos running at 7V and I get 49°C load temps at 1.55v too.... I am almost positive it is a Neo2 reporting error, because it says my system temp is -7°C :rolleyes:

FWIW the copper on my RBX block and the exposed part of the IHS feel room temperature to the touch, and my Matrix Orbital temp sensor on the copper of the RBX block and touching the IHS says its at 85°F ...

I dunno though, I saw my temps and I was like "hmmm."

Back