• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nec?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ugmore Baggage

Let's not mince words. I go to a nearby Store, they have 3-4 brands of LCD monitor. The NEC picture blows all the others away at every screen size. Is there something NEC knows that I don't? One of the other brands is Sony so I can't say that NEC is their "status" brand.

What's up with this? Is NEC just the best? They don't really cost more than the other brands in my small shopping experience.

NEC is probably the best for the money at the moment. I'd venture to say up to par with EIZO in some cases. Yeah, why they're so cheap I dunno. They're big and have lots of OEM deals. Or because they're less known they don't charge for the name like Sony or Viewsonic does.

A lot of people I know consider NEC monitors to be the best.

I've been using an 18.1" NEC LCD for over a year and a half now. It does have great picture quality and I havn't had any problems with it at all.

Yeah NEC monitors are very nice. I've read they are regarded highly in terms of image quality. Then again, there are other factors to a monitor like brightness, geometry, color constancy etc. It comes down to personal choice in the end IMO, so buy what you like best.

Back