• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need heatsink advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ferria

hi all,

my cpu is still running too hot when playing games it gets to 56 C.
i did slowing it down to 2.0 ghz but this cant be the solution.
somebody out there must make a performance heatsink for my pentium 4 socket 423. i need some advise,links,names whatever will help me (maybe modif other heatsink,but this socket is huge)

what you guys think?

is a Swiftech better than an Alpha cooler?

I have an MCX478 coming my way and I just can't wait to get it. Also if you order it from coolerguys it seems to be cheaper than what other places sell it for.

cybercla said:
is a Swiftech better than an Alpha cooler?

I have an MCX478 coming my way and I just can't wait to get it. Also if you order it from coolerguys it seems to be cheaper than what other places sell it for.

For Intel Swiftech is better... He has a Socket 423 so the best he can do is the Swifty 423, other than that there aren't many choises.

Maybe just changing the fan with a higher flowing one will do the trick. Also if it is a heat soak problem punch a whole in the case and install a fan to flow cool air into the CPU area. :burn: :clap:

Back