• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help (or Another "What should I go with?" n00b)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm... I'm real glad I came across this thread since this particular build seems to qualify a lot of my needs as well; particularly handling large files. I use photoshop as well and will need to work with it even more now that classes are biding by it. Hope it works out for you Svetko- Good luck!

I'm hoping too - cant wait to start testing it. One thing i am noticing at this moment though is that win 7 boots slower than on my old Opteron - even if it's a completely fresh first time instal. Hmmm.....

The i7 has hyper-threading... basically means it has two instruction pipes per core so it 'can' do twice as much processing (sic) if it's similar processing. Newer processors get better.

But if you are interested in video processing perhaps you should consider software that takes advantage of the multiple pipeline processing that GFX cards have, (thats anything from 8x to 128x pipelines depending on the gfx card you have, might even be 256x now). Google GPU-processing software. It's still a relatively new thing even though the concept was proved many years ago with SQL processing, off-loading array-processing to GPU's that do same-stuff so much more efficiently (same operation, different data).

Just a thought. I don't know that software exists yet. But it will if it doesn't yet. Commercial opportunities.

Last edited:
Back