• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help to rma a v-card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wilhelm310

hey guys a while ago they gave a ati radeon i dunno what it is 9500pro or 9700 in power strip it says its a 9500pro/9700 i dont even know what brand it is it has ati on the heatsink fan infineon ram 3.6ns how can i tell what it is cause it shows artifacts bad but i didnt even o/c it need to rma it soon please help

No problem.

The easiest way to find out the brand would be to e-mail the ebay user you got the video card from, lol :D :eek: :cool: ;)

No, but did you buy this off ebay? Did you buy it used off ebay? Its very possible that what you bought is a 9500 non pro that someone hard modded and sold as a 9700 np.

Is it constant artifacting or does it begin normal and get to artifacts? If it starts artifacting after heavy use, it may be overheating. Did you remove the heatsink or anything?

I checked on ati website its built by ati and is a 9700non pro and it artifacts once in a while i played bf1942 for 3 hours yesterday without a artifact but then when i tryed to play again later artifacts again lol

Did you remove the shim? What thermal compound did you apply? If you didnt remove the shim and applied something like AS3 you probably made it much much worse than the pad that was on there to begin with. I would suggest either removing the shim, or going back to the thermal pad.

hi one quick question...

wont you void ur RMA if you send a card which has AC3 on it, the standard ati cards come with sumkind of thick silvery substance which is hard to replace, if you replace it with AC3 can they refuse to RMA the 9700, providing you haven't done anything else i.e. take shim off, volt mod...

i think they might get fussy if they see the AC3...

Back