• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new hasty bake oven

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregs45s

Registered
New oven in the house tonite. Went out on left field and stuck a 3.0E on my gigabyte board. Since I cant go past 1.6v, I went with a chip that runs low voltage. So far Im at 1.4vcore, and 3530mhz right now. It idles around 42-43, and loading it hits 53 for now. Still working on it.

Im running a truecontrol 550. Have everything set right at spec. So far, I havent seen any voltage drop under load, even the vcore. Ever since I added the dps board, my vcore has been rock solid. Seems its taking the prescott in stride. Im running a zalman 7000cu cooler, , with the smartfan off, and set to run fullspeed. Havent really seen anything unusual yet. Im up to 1.42v, shows 1.38v on mbm5. Experience has shown that mbm5 reads the same as cpuz on my system. Im at 3600 now, when I get done d/l everquest patches, Ill try for some more speed. It smokes everything but the EE chips in the sandra memory tests, and it beats it out almost all the way across the board. The score increase ramps up faster then the speed increase so far. Im guessing it will really come into its own if I can peg 3800.

I agree with mattspalace.
These temps are right in line for a " Prescott":mad:

They are exactly the temps my 2.8E is running at overclocked on air.

Since Intel states that the thermal limit of the chip is 69C I am not going to worry about it .

Dave

I ran a 2.4a up to 3Ghz on the stock Intel HSF, and it idled at around 40C idle and 55C running prime. It was a Gigabyte board. I think 60C and below running Prime is just fine.

Those numbers look good - OC and temps. BTW, the only time my PSU (PC Power & Cooling TC 510D) showed a hit from a Prescott was with vcores over 1.5v at full load. Puts a little drag on the 12v rail, but nothing serious. Good luck with that chip.

Up to 3760 now but trying to get it prime stable. Despite what the benchmarks say, this is a fast chip. It has scores lower then my 2.6c that was 3283 at its peak but noticeable speed difference. I see watercooling in my future though. It touches 60c when priming.

My 2.4A Prescott at 3.2 on stock fan and its at 39c idle and around 46c running prime95, (indoor temp are about 86F here)

My non OCed Northwood is 10 degrees high than that... Its hit 68 fully loaded... bad airflow methinks...

Back