• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New HTPC, Choppy HD video HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cown

Hi Guys

I didn't know where exactly to post this, so forgive me if it's the wrong forum.

I've just recieved my ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe motherboard, and finished my HTPC build.

I've installed Windows 7 SP1 64bit, drivers, XBMC and VLC player without any problems.

Now when I try to play a 1080p HD movie, the video is VERY choppy. I've tried finding solutions on google, but nothing seems to do the trcik, does anybody have any good ideas?

The video is choppy, no matter which media player I use.

The HTPC is built with:
ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe (AMD E-350 CPU with Radeon 6310 Gfx, all onboard)
2 x 2 Gb Kingston HyperX 1600 Mhz CL9, Running 1333, CL7
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 120Gb
WD Green 1.5Tb
Enermax 550W PSU

Solutions I've tried:

I've tried using driver updating programs to get all the latest drivers.
Updated the mobo's UEFI BIOS to the latest (1202)
Updated flash to the latest version 10.3
Using latest version of VLC player and XBMC

None of the above has help any, so I'm starting to get annoyed and thinking of returning the board and stepping up to the new E-450 boards.

Anny ideas or suggestions welcome!

Thank you in advance

Removed SOLVED from the thread title... redduc900

Last edited:
I've found out that enabling DXVA in VLC makes the video run smoothe, and from what I can see XBMC doesn't yet support DXVA so I won't be able to use it until they make it avalible in the software. Guess I'll be continuing with VLC player for the time being :) Still if any of you got some advice, dont' be shy :D

DXVA offload some of the video processing to the GPU which helps reduces CPU workload. I use K-Lite Codec which comes with Media Player Classic which is light weight and plays most anything I want.

Back