• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hiya!
New to the forums. Originally from OCN under the name Nexus6. Just felt like trying out a new computer tech forum that has their own website and reviews.

:welcome: Jonas! Happy to have you here. Have you ever done any benchmarking? If you have a little time, you certainly have a system to put up some good numbers... And you can get some prizes out of it even with the current contests we're running. :)

How do you like those cans? Read about the 700's on our frontpage a month or two ago, and they looked pretty tempting. You'll find we got some pretty knowledgeable audiophiles here too, for an overclocking forum. :)

:welcome: You picked a good forum! If you have a question, chances are these guys will have an answer :) And they're all REALLY nice and funny too :) Great community to be part of!

:welcome: Jonas! Happy to have you here. Have you ever done any benchmarking? If you have a little time, you certainly have a system to put up some good numbers... And you can get some prizes out of it even with the current contests we're running. :)

How do you like those cans? Read about the 700's on our frontpage a month or two ago, and they looked pretty tempting. You'll find we got some pretty knowledgeable audiophiles here too, for an overclocking forum. :)

Thanx for the warm welcome. I've done some benchmarking with Vantage and my score was around 22K. Pretty low for an overclocked i7 and a 5970 if you ask me. But, that was still the time when the 5970 was just released and I was still fighting with horrible drivers. Haven't done any benchmarking lately. I'm in the middle of revamping my rig and upgrading my RIIE to the new Rampage III Extreme which hopefully will come out very soon. I don't know if I should go for the i7 930 now or hold out for the i7 970 (Six core Non Extreme Edition). Decisions, decisions, decisions......:shrug:

THE ATH-A900 is an awesome headphones. Even though they are closed type, they don't have that too deep a bass. I've had them for a year now and the ear pads are starting to crumble, but that doesn't affect sound quality.

Also, are you guys gearing up for the 2010 Chimp challenge? :clap:I'm still working out some kinks to get the i7 bigadv working on my rig. I'll need some help on that part.

There's a lot of material in the folding forum regarding the bigadv flags, they'd probably have some tips for you... And even if you aren't a serious bencher, the benchmark team forum is open to anyone who needs help, and they'd definitely give you some tips to make sure you are getting the marks you should from your setup. I don't know enough to give you much direct advice on that, but the folding and benching team certainly do. :thup:

There's a lot of material in the folding forum regarding the bigadv flags, they'd probably have some tips for you... And even if you aren't a serious bencher, the benchmark team forum is open to anyone who needs help, and they'd definitely give you some tips to make sure you are getting the marks you should from your setup. I don't know enough to give you much direct advice on that, but the folding and benching team certainly do. :thup:

Sir, Yes Sir!!!!:salute:

Hey all!
I am new to the forum and thought I would pop in and say hey. I have been dabbling with oc'ing for a little while and felt it was look around and learn some tips and tricks. I will post some screnshot of results later but they are in my sig. let me know what ya'll think.

Hello from SoCal!

I've been out of the computer scene for a while (as you can tell from my signature :)) but I've been working my way back in recently. I recently purchased a laptop (Asus N61JQ-A1) and perhaps coincidentally, I've started experiencing stuttering and lock-ups with my desktop.

This got me thinking about rebuilding, so joining OCF is part of researching.

A lot has changed in 7-8 years :D

See you guys around.

Howdy folks.... Saw ya'll were having a SuperPI comp... Sounds like fun....

Looks like a great site......

Hi guys. I'm guessing a few of you lads will know the Snake from other boards. For those that don't know, nice to meet ya. Feel free to call me Intra or Snake... which ever you feel like using.

Hi guys. I'm guessing a few of you lads will know the Snake from other boards. For those that don't know, nice to meet ya. Feel free to call me Intra or Snake... which ever you feel like using.

Welcome to OCF, Snake! :welcome:

I just signed up 2 weeks ago myself!

Hello New OCF Member

How I got here,followed a link.
And, for the last 2 days,been reading...for hours.
That's a good thing.The bad thing is my wallet in a few months. :screwy:
Planning to build 3 more 'puters.
Been in computers for some 20 years.Yes,I do get stuck on occaisions.
You members have a good weekend.
And a good week.

Back