• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea i think they dont sell it anymore

okay it picture time

This is the case

i had to pull up this black velvet stuff on the bottom but when i did it left this nasty gunk and black hair all over so ive been cleaning it out for about 3 days now and its finally almost all up

( the stuff in there now is windex it made the stuff come up for some reason)

cPicture-012.jpg

i can cram the cdrom in there but there are thses little bars to keep the glass in that are just a hair to big ( to put it on the floor direct) and a hair to small to support it by the beams them selfs

so it like slants i think ill get a piece of plexy and put it as a bridge

Last edited:
This is the IR remote that i plan on useing i had to take it out of its plastic shell since it didnt really serve a porpose besides holding the remote ( this way its smaller)

cPicture-014.jpg

This is the cF reader that i plan on mounting on a pience of plexi glass or something sticking stratigh up so i can display pictures on the tv screen like a silde show.

cPicture-015.jpg

cPicture-018.jpg

im going to applogyize of this shot

i was in a hurry and didnt relize i was saveing these as high compresion gifs

and then i converted them to jpegs and well as you can see it was less than good

anway thats the front with the cdrom on the bottom left powsupply on the botom right

then mobo top left and hdd top right

the cdrom and hdd are just stand ins till i can get a slot load dvd and a hdd that doesnt suck

there is about a inch to inch and a half space between the cdrom and powersupply and i think thats where im going to put the remote

Last edited:
right now it looks like xp pro since i A) have a extra licneces for it and B) know how to use it

i may do dual boat between that and redhad or mandrax or something but im like extra retarted in linux so that will be a while.

i probably wont be able to buy more stuf for it till like july 5 ish

but i am planing on getting a pain of glass and testing the dremmel on it so i can make my slit for the slot load cd

any recmendations on what bit to use

340Duster said:
I didn't get the link for the box to load. And Captain what solid modeling prog do you use?
I use a cheap program called Milkshape 3D. It's actually meant for Game models but it's so easy for scratch building 3D models that I use it for alot of stuff.

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/

I already have a gaggle of stock computer part models built
pc-bits.zip (236KB)

thanks

ill have to wait a wile to use it

i dont have a 3d card at wrok

and my home sistem doenst have internet access till the end of june ( just moved)

i appreshate the link

okay update timmmmmmmmmmmmmmme

"yea and you thoght it was rain"

okay i got my 512 pc2100 ddr ram

tried it out and everything booted quick as a flash

i took some pictures

all i need now is a hdd and a keyboard mouse combo

anysuggestions on a standard hdd

i was thinking something like 100gig 8mb cache

i dont know what company yet

any way you all can think to secure this to a plexi glass sheet?

I personally run the 8mb WD Drives in all my Mini-ITX systems and find that these are fantastic, the 8mb cache really helps with performance and resources.... On a system which shares everything any help you can get is a bonus :D

8mb it is

any recomendations

would you do two 40gigs with 8mb or would you do one 100gig with 8mb

wouldnt you get better preformance out of 2

im not saying i am going to do 2 but hypothicaly speaking

i think i am going to go with the (1) 100gig drive

what brand should i get

( i dont do to much with hdd's so im not up on what brands suck and what brands dont)

yea another update

okay i got a 160gig western digital hdd with 8mb cache

how ever i am now faced with something of a delmia
becuase it will only recgnise 127 on board sooooo

do i

1) leave it be ( at 127 gigs) and worry about it alter
2) use up my only pci slot for the ide card
2a) it may not fit btw too tall

3) buy some sort of flexible riser for the pci slot and install it that way

4) put the 160 in my computer then take my 2 40's out of that comptuer and put them in the glass computer?

I would personally partition a drive that large into two which would also solve your current problem anyway

that i did not know

two 75's and a 10 for the os sound good?

do you think 10 is big enogh for xp?

i think im going to make a ceperate 20 gig drive a liniux os

i completed the plexi glass bottom shelf now im on a mad hunt to find mobo stand offs so i can secure the cd-rom and psu to the plexi

10 should be more than enough for XP, i am running 2ksp3 on a 3gb partition.

i am currently still working on my mini-itx setup. i also have a great challenge because i cannot have moving parts in it (no fans, no hdds). i bought a 1gb compact flash card and an IDE adaptor for it and i am running knoppix linux on it which is customized to fit my needs.

i was wondering, where did you get your PSU and how much was it? i am in need of one because my micro-atx psu died.

Back