• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Prescotts. Just got my 3.2E....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Alright, I just stopped by my local computer shop and I just got a 3.2E P4. Anyways, I know they run hot and you have to back off the voltage a bit. So, currently, this is my stats of my CPU.
Intel P4 3.2E 800FSB 1MB L2 Cache
Pack Date: 11/04/04
FPO/BATCH #: L437A757
Stepping: SL7KC

Ok, my temps are around 37C Idle and is around 55C Load. My cooler is the Zalman 7000CU. Ok, a few questions, Is 1.33V for Vcore? What is the limit for voltage on air cooling? Thanks for the help.

1.33 is your Vcore. I've been told that 1.525 is the max vcore you want on air but I feel that 1.5 is enough. You should be able to get a decent OC with a Vcore under 1.5. I have a 660mhz OC and my vcore is 1.44, but I also did a droop mod because the P4C800 board have a tendency to droop BAD.

I have a 2.8e running at 3.59 on the stock Vcore

Increasing the vcore did nothing for me except increase my temps

see how far you can push it before upping the vcore

Becareful of how much voltage you feed a prescott as you might end up with a expensive paperweight

Dave

Well, my v-core under load is 1.23... is that TOO low? It loads at 49C and idles at 36C. Im running dual CPU Burn in Wizards. But, should I volt mod my board?

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Well, my v-core under load is 1.23... is that TOO low? It loads at 49C and idles at 36C. Im running dual CPU Burn in Wizards. But, should I volt mod my board?

There is no such thing as TOO LOW of a vcore if it's stable :D
Definately do the droop mod to your board. It will help out a lot. Also sink up the mosfets and PLL's on the mobo. They get VERY HOT and that can have an effect on your stability.

I wouldn't go past 1.5vcore for 24/7use. I have yet to see someone break or degrade their Prescott though, the mobo will go first. It is the weakest link on socket478.

You need to read this thread http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=338876 It has a TON of useful information in it.

Good luck,

Ed

Back