• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New version of CS in development

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well DLC was actually considerd mods back than. Sorry to correct you :D

I saw an article awhile ago where Gabe Newell stated that Valve is done with episodic content. I'm sure you can find it, I'm too lazy to search right now :p

I definitely think at this point Valve is working on Half-Life 3 and Source Engine 2.0

I saw an article awhile ago where Gabe Newell stated that Valve is done with episodic content. I'm sure you can find it, I'm too lazy to search right now :p

I definitely think at this point Valve is working on Half-Life 3 and Source Engine 2.0
One could only hope they are, been waiting for ever.

I don't get it.

Everyone complains when the movie industry can't come up with new stuff (Remaking footloose... really?!) but people beg for the same thing on video games. 8 Call of Duties, new Madden every year. People love it!

As we all know CS 1.6 stuck around long after source came out and it took some time for source to over take 1.6 for various reasons.

So now a new one, with more people playing source will this new installment be the same? or will people move to it faster..

History has proven time and again people don't like changing games. Quake 3 is still so popular that I'd guess quakelive is ids largest source of revenue these days.

Last edited:
I don't get it.

Everyone complains when the movie industry can't come up with new stuff (Remaking footloose... really?!) but people beg for the same thing on video games. 8 Call of Duties, new Madden every year. People love it!

I know. Its like purchasing the same book 8 times in a row. How can you reread it and enjoy it if it isn't original.

It pretty much just is Source.

They just added (much) better animations and some better textures and some new weapons. Apparently the shield is back too from a thing that I read... I hated it when they added that damn thing.

Source engine but 1.6 mechanics. They want it to play like 1.6 with a fresh coat of paint (a la CS:S). I don't know if ESEA or competitive gaming will adopt the trend =/

History has proven time and again people don't like changing games.

In my humble opinion, game developers typically don't do a very good job at "changing" games. If you change something it takes away from the previous so called "awesomeness" of a game and then they lose sales. Am I wrong to say that? Now I'm not dissing Bungie, Halo is pretty fun. But all of the Halo games are the same. You run around a map, shooting aliens. A lot of games are like that. Run around. Shooting Something.
And the guys that are designing and building the levels are the same type of people that design and build the CGI for movie work, it's usually just a much higher resolution.

If people want changes in their movies, then they need to go see other movies than just the high budget blow em up movies that come to the theaters. Look other places for movies like film festivals and lesser known directors. If people want changes in their games, they need to expand their genre of games past first person shooter games. There are so many different varieties out there, you just have to look for them.

They are starting beta in October of this year. Game release will be some time next year. I'm going to guess a lot is going to change with the game, and given that most of the CS pros will come back just to try it, may bring this game up to par with 1.6.

So far I like the ideas, lets just hope I can still do my degal dance.

I may also need to pick up another MX518 with this game and D3 going to be my top games to play.

Back