• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New--What P-4 based CPU do you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

New--What P-4 based CPU do you have?

• Celeron Willamette or Northwood 478

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Celeron D Prescott 478 or LGA775

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • P-4 Willamette 423 or 478

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • P-4 Northwood 478

Votes: 82 31.4%
  • P-4 Prescott 478

Votes: 38 14.6%
  • P-4 Prescott 5XX LGA775

Votes: 23 8.8%
  • P-4 Prescott 6XX LGA775

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Extreme Edition 478 or LGA775

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Pentium D dual core

Votes: 23 8.8%
  • any P-4 based mobile CPU

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters
You left out Xeons (P4 core based) and those of us who might have more than one P4 based rig.

P-M/Dothans are PIII based.

You left out Xeons (P4 core based) and those of us who might have more than one P4 based rig.

Ah, looks like I can include my entry:

My only Intel box is a DELL PRECISION 530 Workstation with dual 1.7ghz Xeon processors(400mhz).

I'd like to build an Intel rig in the near future that could get some of the remaining QMD's. :D

I currently run a P4 3.2E Prescott at 3.920 lapped to a luster with Zalman 7700cu AS5. The CPU is lapped...not the Zalman. The Zalman was perfect out of the box. :)

I will be upgrading to Conroe as soon as the 8MB Cache version becomes available.

Might as well add the new line of CPU's coming out too. :)

Last edited:
Audioaficionado said:
You left out Xeons

Yeah, after I made the poll, I thought about Xeons, but I had already used 10 categories and that's max. For the people with Xeons as their primary rig, just post in the thread with what you have.

Northwood.....what a thoroughbred champ.......... I will miss my Northwood, and I hope it goes to a good home when I move to 775 :(

Audioaficionado said:

P-M/Dothans are PIII based.

Xeons are either NW or Prescott based.

I feel lonely only one Extreme Edition :( Not like it matters to much, i think im going to replace it with a 820 some time this or next mth.

hi'
everyone talk about the ol' northy ...
what about the ol' prescott?
for now, running a P4C 2.6, OC to 3.25, then got down to 3.06 stable, but definitly, as I don't have enough money to think about a serious upgrade, meaning MB cpu ram PCI express etc ...

I'll go very soon for one of the last prescott 3.2, and this will make me wait until intel makes something really different from now.
5x series and 6x series and even dual core are only marketing stuff, proof is the P830 is alright once passed 3.6ghz :huh: and the 5x is still prescott ...
I have been told that the new MB have better circuitry, may be, but if it is only to be able to run a cpu that will be old in 2 years, no thanks!
without counting the investment in such an upgrade :huh:

so, being patient would be the best to do!
but I noticed that it was not so present in the heart of an OClocker ;)

i686

ps; nothing against any cpu, but this new generation is "just a try" for me.

what said:
Skt 478 Prescott.
hi'
I don't really understand your flame toward prescott on skt 478, or may be you burned it trying to overclock it too far ;)

skt 478 or 775 it's still a prescott, and for those who think that getting a 5x serie is far better, just take a look at some recent benchmark :lol:
1mb of L2 cache and everybody jump 'houraaa' ...
this extra mb slow the whole thing down :( unless you push it to the limit ...

I put a bet on year 2007!
there we will have something new, not only dual core but something that works better that all what we have seen until now.

I have seen a 540 with 1gb ram, nothing to be impressed :huh:

definitly waiting for a proc that brings a big change, as the PCI express did, or the dual channel ram did too!

so, before to jump on a new MB ddr2 and so on, I'll wait ;)

i686

Back