• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New--What P-4 based CPU do you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

New--What P-4 based CPU do you have?

• Celeron Willamette or Northwood 478

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Celeron D Prescott 478 or LGA775

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • P-4 Willamette 423 or 478

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • P-4 Northwood 478

Votes: 82 31.4%
  • P-4 Prescott 478

Votes: 38 14.6%
  • P-4 Prescott 5XX LGA775

Votes: 23 8.8%
  • P-4 Prescott 6XX LGA775

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Extreme Edition 478 or LGA775

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Pentium D dual core

Votes: 23 8.8%
  • any P-4 based mobile CPU

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters
wooo, three 2.4c's in a row!

mine is a SL6Z3, i will own it forever i love it so much. its gettin cold out now, so its going back up to 3.6ghz :D

I wish I still had my M0, had to RMA it and they sent me a d1 which doesnt OC that well. doesnt even hit 3.4 like my signature says. will barly do 3.1 stable. so i go at 2.0.

I used to be able to hit 3.7/.

have 540j EO, nice chip, runs pretty cool even in a hot place such as Saudi Arabia. while benching at 3.8 my temps usually hover at 53C with totally stock cooling and the air con turned off!

630 P4 here running @ 3.9Ghz right now, it could go higher with more voltage, curretly @ 1.412 but because of vdroop its around 1.38v while on full load.

Even today, the northwood still PWN the Prescott 478 but not the PrescHot cores. Now lets see what the dothans, preslers and whatever other core they have can do. Intel has spread it's chips out so much, who can tell whats what.

Remember the "New Coke", "Pepsi" became the number one selling cola brand that year then "New Coke" was pulled and "Classic Coke" was born.

*Coke, New Coke, Classic Coke are registered brand names of the Coka Cola Bottling company, Pepsi: Pepsi Cola Bottling and some other big brand names ... :p

P4 478 2.4c ghz [D1] northy - stable at clocks in sig. I've been able to push this chip to 3.6 ghz but with way-too-high voltages.

Going to a Prescott soon. I figure it's the winter months, and it'll keep my room nice and toasty if nothing else.

Just ordered an Intel 640 to replace my 560J. Haven't received it yet but interested to see what kind of overclock I can achieve. (I know the new chips are coming, but this time I'm going to give it another year before jumping into new technology.)

I have a socket 478 Northwood 3.0c 30 cap running at 3.4 GHz and a socket 478 3.0E Prescott running at stock.
In my home built DVR I have a 1.4 GHz socket 423 willamette.

1.6 Ghz S423 Williamette ¨Dustbuster¨ w/ PC800 RDRAM (haha the jewel of the time).... as of 2005 it is a very crappy game rig lol.

Intel board makes it unOCable, too bad.

Join the 423 club :beer:

dan

Prescott, 530j 3.0 GHz to a stable 3.6. I am happy with it cause I am just using a Thermalright XP120 HS and it's cooler at 3.6 than at 3.4 OC'd

infini said:
Prescott, 530j 3.0 GHz to a stable 3.6. I am happy with it cause I am just using a Thermalright XP120 HS and it's cooler at 3.6 than at 3.4 OC'd

Bah I'm running slightly over stock now (the motherboard did it not me!) @ supposedly 59-62C full load folding 24/7. Stock cooling. But I'll be slapping a Sonic Tower and 74 CFM delta on there soon enough >=) I might be able to reach your GHz!

Well this isn't my main rig, but, my old Intel computer has a 478 Willamette. I love this though I haven't had a single problem with it since I bought in 2002.

Back