• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED no post after install of new card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainman33

Hey I just replaced my video card with a msi 560 ti twin frozer and my psu to a 850 80+ gold ocz zx series and hdd to ssd ocz vertex 3. I now can't get my comp to boot. all connections are good, seated properly, reset bios and nothing. no post no boot. The one time it posted, it hung as soon as it started or I hit del. to go into bios. someone said set back the bios to earlier version, but I can't because I can't even get into bios. My mobo vga led is on when this happens.
can anyone tell me what I missed? thanks

of course...I actually got it to work by unplugging the monitor from hdmi and used dvi. The msi software that came with it (driver) said it cant find the new hardware or no device supported. I am about to download from nvidia now and see if that driver works. Boggles my mind, makes no sense.

Was the solution DL the driver from the website? (Its helpful to know in case someone runs across this thread with the same issue).

Ok Earthdog and anyone else, You saw the problem I had below. The solution was:
1.Had to remove old ATI driver

2.Driver on the disk that comes with the video card is garbage, needed to go to the nvidia website and download the driver directly from them.

3.I tried to start the computer connected to the HDMI port.That was preventing my card from working since the driver wasn't installed yet driving me crazy thinking the card was bad.You have to use the dvi ports first, install the driver then you can use the HDMI port.

SSD problem for the OCZ vertex 3----Not sure why or how but it didn't work at first. It hung on instal of os 2 times, on the third try it installed no problem and is lightning fast.I think I have read about that problem before.

Hope that helps the next person having problems like this.:thup:

Back