• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV30 - The specs and pics - FINALLY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They better hope people don't confuse FX with MX :eek:

Also, the 128bit bus will cripple NV30. ATI used the 256bit with plain DDR, so that they could upgrade to DDR-II and make a performance boost. NVIDIA is starting with DDR-II but limits their bus to 128-bit, making future upgrades to the line difficult.

-Rav

baqai said:
Geforce FX <-- is it me only or the name is really really REALLY ghay !!

that name is just weak! i am sorry, but i think the nvidia could have thought of something so much better... i was praying all last week they weren't going to name it geforce fx... d**n the luck...

just out of curiousity, what is that little white thing i magnified? is it a molex connector?

nv30.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a molex connector alright. This thing probably draws more power than the 9700 Pro, and therefore needs more power than the AGP port can provide it. I think an external power connector is good for ANY video card, since it takes some strain off your motherboard, atleast thats my opinon.

-Rav

I don't see what the deal is about the name. As CrystalMethod already stated, we don't buy are hardware b/c of its name. Also, I read that is was named with the FX b/c it is the first card to have 3DFX technology incorporated into it. So its really giving 3DFX credit where it is due. There is nothing wrong with that.

Hambuger,

How do you get those scores of 18k+?

Do tell.

Is it the smokin CPU and mem?

I'm going to get an new CPU when the Northwoods max out, hopefully close to 4 ghz w/ a good O/C, and some super fast corsair RAM. I'm hoping to push this card to 20k 3DMarks before I get rid of it.

Rav said:
Thats a molex connector alright. This thing probably draws more power than the 9700 Pro, and therefore needs more power than the AGP port can provide it. I think an external power connector is good for ANY video card, since it takes some strain off your motherboard, atleast thats my opinon.

-Rav

It shouldn't strain the mobo at all if done right. As in not taking more power than the AGP could provide.

External connector is horribly unclean signal. The worst way to get more power.

Not that this will matter at all because the MX version would be extremely stripped down and run in AGP spec. Those will be 90% of NV's profits.

The radeon 9700pro still has the most bandwidth w/ compression:) - an effective bandwith of 194GB/sec according to ati because it uses a higher compression ratio. 8.8:1 vs 4:1 on nv30

Also the Ati card based on the 9700 pro w/ .13 micron tech and ddr2 is due to be out first quarter (probally jan or feb) 2003 so their not out of the game yet.

I have to agree with some of you with the name thing. I don't care if they called it the Geforce Smegma 5 Ultra Anus. I'll still buy it depending on the price/performance.:D

Stumpjumper5200 said:
Yeah, I heard the R350 actually will be .15. Sweet! First, ATI gets their product out soooo much earlier than nVidia; watch ATI crank out a .15 card without a hitch......"Hey nVidia! What's so hard about that?" hahaha.

LOL,I myself have yet to see ATI roll out any card without a htich :rolleyes:

wildone

GeForce FX Benchmarks

Well I've found some benchies of the FX card, and it kicks ***, I mean ***, oh btw did I mention that it KICKS ASRRRS :clap: :drool: :p

Benchies

Back