• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** OCF "Independence Day" Folding Contest ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey, I'm not participating in the contest, but I was just skimming the rules about minimum points per WU. Was that rule (needing 100+ per WU avg) taking into account that the current -advmethods flagged WU are all less than 100 points?

Just thought I'd point that one out so the guys running the single core client don't get the shaft because its all they can do.

FOLD ON!!!

hey, I'm not participating in the contest, but I was just skimming the rules about minimum points per WU. Was that rule (needing 100+ per WU avg) taking into account that the current -advmethods flagged WU are all less than 100 points?

Just thought I'd point that one out so the guys running the single core client don't get the shaft because its all they can do.

FOLD ON!!!
Although there are several projects for -advmethods that do score under 100 points, it is not all of them. http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html
However my average on those projects might be slightly under 100 points.
Even if it is (say 90 points average), that only means a slight decrease in the number of eligible WUs (e.g. at 90 points average per WU, if did 80 WUs, would be eligible for 72 WUs). (BTW in my case I'm also doing larger projects so my average is closer to 200 per so I don't get any adjustment).
I think that is more than fair as those that are doing primarily SMP projects take quite a bit longer per WU (considering all cores) so one could argue that they are the ones getting "shafted".
Or perhaps those using the NVidia GPU are getting "shafted" as the ATI GPU client gets the regular WUs while the Nvidia GPU client gets the block WUs (a few regular WUs clumped together as one).
And so on.
In the end, there is no perfect solution, but this rule is a pretty good compromise that also is a big help against cheating. :)

Stats Update!

Check out the Top Post LINK'D HERE.
:beer:

Other Stats

Total Points generated by contest participants to date: 15,273,070

Total WUs generated by contest participants to date: 40,395
(this number includes adjustments for those on EUE sprees)

Just a shade over 12 hours left to go!!! Thank you to everyone who participated! :beer:

The Winner will be Announced on Monday, July 7th ~4:00pm PDT.

thfoldon.gif

Any chance is a good chance! :santa:

Thanks to all involved in making this contest possible. :beer:

huh? eye thought it was midnight tonight or 2am here in zona??

o welll glad eye busted 100 !! my goal :beer:

congrats to all and good luck HDCHOPPER :santa:

"July 5th @ 11:59pm PDT"
This is 2:59am EST, so still about 2 more hours of folding! go go go!

About 2 hours and 30 minutes to go... ok, just a little less... Keep 'em Folding guys!!! :beer:

And that's right... no reason to stop Folding... EVER! :beer:

I will update with final numbers first thing tomorrow morning. :)

Back