• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCG Battlefield 2 Clan First Official Practice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Right On!!! Sunday afternoon is just not a great time for me to be gaming (really, the only day the g/f and I both have off work) but I will be hitting up the new ranked server and telling all my friends!!! Someone should make a new thread to advertise the new ranked server.... I would but i don't really think that it is my place to do so, seeing as I am not part of the clan, etc.

Cheers.

I was there! It was a pretty good game but nobody was on ventrillo so we had only so so cooperation. People didn't even squad up very much? :shrug: I thought the idea of a clan is to get together and form a tight team? I was hoping we'd have some more organized teamwork than just me getting to be a gunner for Sjaak (which was fun BTW:) ). We need to play like a team if we want to have a chance in any sort of tournament.

O

For next time we're gonna advertise Ventrilo. We have the people, next is the teamwork. Owen, you and me could go practice some time. With the right training we could really kick ***, have you read my chopper guide?

Sjaak said:
For next time we're gonna advertise Ventrilo. We have the people, next is the teamwork. Owen, you and me could go practice some time. With the right training we could really kick ***, have you read my chopper guide?

Practice sounds good! I play almost daily. Usualy I get on after 9:30 PM EST time though. On the weekends I stay up pretty late which might get me closer to your time zone. I might have read your chopper guide do you have a link? Wait! I found it on search. So consider it read.

O

Great, I just saw this.

I think you you should make a new post, with the server information, ventrillo information, and times sense this is more of a fresh start.

We had a great practice Sunday! I got to practice being a Helo gunner and missing with TV guided bombs! ;) Good thing Sjaak is a patient pilot, LOL! Lots of people using ventrillo which helped imensely. Just need to be able to have team/squad channels so we don't have to worry about the other side listening in.

Like when I say "I'm spawning at the airfield" which diehard overhears and then gives the gift that keeps on giving, a 500 lb bomb. :rolleyes: :p I think I told him he was promoted to "Wanker Supreme" in my angst. The other non-clan guys wanted to kick him for base "bombing" but I just thought it was funny!

Sometimes you win, some times you loose, sometimes you get pounded into the dust ... repeatedly! :)

We need to keep this up it is really a ton of fun! Great bunch of players!

O

LOL sorry guys..I am pretty pragmatic..War is war and when someone says hey i am at the airport pick me up what am I to do ?? And I really never was told about base bombing matter of fact when on the carrier we where attacked relentlessly so I just went with the flow.BUT if thats the rule I will not break it next time

A few times I crashed into the copter,,but that was because i have a weird USB issue and would lose and regain controll of the plane which I thought was LAG but turned out to be USB issues.(Fixed)

It was fun though and the good nature of guys like Owenator and sajaak make it even nicer to play :)

diehrd said:
LOL sorry guys..I am pretty pragmatic..War is war and when someone says hey i am at the airport pick me up what am I to do ?? And I really never was told about base bombing matter of fact when on the carrier we where attacked relentlessly so I just went with the flow.BUT if thats the rule I will not break it next time

A few times I crashed into the copter,,but that was because i have a weird USB issue and would lose and regain controll of the plane which I thought was LAG but turned out to be USB issues.(Fixed)

It was fun though and the good nature of guys like Owenator and sajaak make it even nicer to play :)

Thanks for the kind words diehrd!

I don't think it was a rule "no base bombing". Personally I don't think it should be. It happens in reallity that's what air power does. Of course now you have to write a tutorial on how to lead those damn bombs so I can have a go at it! :p

My biggest gripes are TK's for equipment or stat padding. I once was in an armored column with an engineer in an APC and he kept shooting me so he could repair me! I felt like saying c'mon buddy get a life! I like badges as much as the next guy but I like to think that I earn them with skill. I like Sjaak's approach to getting some one out of a chopper when I was waiting to get in but I'll let him chime in on that if he wants to.

O

yes it was great.. i was on vent..but noone told me i was muted. lol

i passed out on my bed at around 9pm, and woke up at 3:40am casue i forgot to turn off vent. all i heard was voices.. i was about to go and grab a bat. lol so i jumped on and we teamkilled for an hour. that was fun.

Owenator said:
Thanks for the kind words diehrd!

I don't think it was a rule "no base bombing". Personally I don't think it should be. It happens in reallity that's what air power does. Of course now you have to write a tutorial on how to lead those damn bombs so I can have a go at it! :p

O

Actually yesterday I was at 50% because i was locking up, at one poiny my guy shot off every clip and I could not stop him because the USB issue,And at other times i would get in a plane and the machine gun would fire till it was empty lol..As well as it would fly straight when i triied to bank..It was a nightmare.

As far as bombing just line up the target in the little circle as you approach and release bombs..bingo dead opponents,,And sometimes friendlies when the last USB command seams to stay stuck :)

Sjaak said:
The OCG paypal adress is [email protected], after you've donated you will be put on the reserved slot list, and if you happen to be a nice guy you may join ;)

Should I go through the list of contributors on OCG and give them reserve slots? I might need your help tracking down their in-game handles. I turned on my MSN Messenger if you've got a minute.

O

hotrod469 said:
Were do you donate? Do I have to get a new name with [OCG] in it? That's OK if I do. If I missed something sorry.

Actually you can add the [OCG] to your name before you log in to BF2. The first (upper) field lets you add a prefix to your name. That's how I do it and it keeps my current gamespy account the same to I keep my points.

HTH

O

Back