• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ EL 4400 or Corsair 4400 for IC7-Max3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogue3092

I'm in the search for new ram for my IC7-Max3 because my Kingston PC3500 doesn't it cut, plus my mobo doesnt like it. Anyways, I've been looking at PC4400, either OCZ EL4400 Gold (2x512) or Corsair TWINX-4400PT (2x512). The Corsair is a bit more expensive, and the OCZ has better timings. However, I was just wondering if Corsair offers better compatibility or if the IC7-Max3 will be fine with the OCZ. I plan to go to at least 273 fsb 1:1.

I would go with the OCZ. Simple reason is I know it clocks really high (300FSB isn't uncommon) and OCZ has the best support around. The corsairs should also be fine if you want to go that way but I can't say I know how well it overclocks

Steve

yeah, i would go with the el 4400. that way u have the best chance of 300 fsb. (even if i dont need it) also the komusa pc4200 adata chipped hyperram is a good alternative for much cheaper. they run on average 280/low290's. but for pure speed and support the ocz is the best..

Back