• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ plat rev 2 and DFI SLI UT help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeViL_909

Ok guys, I just got my DFI SLI UT dr mobo and I put my OCZ 3200 Plat Rev 2 mem in it. 2x 512. I am used to ocing Asus and Abit boards and I can honestly say that the dfi bios has many more options. My cpu is in my sig. Any way you call can help me get my FSB up past 260? Thanks in advance

I think the winny is the problem. Or maybe this board has more options than I am used to. I droped the LDT down to 4, upped votage on mem and on winny. I can get up to around 250. Not sure how loose I should run this mem to get it up further or if I should try putting a divider on if the mem control on the winni is weak. Any ideas on how loose I should run this ram to get it up higher?

Having a hard time finding the plat rev. 2 in there. Are teh TCCD the plat rev2?

Ok well I now have my FSB up to 270, and now benching to see how it will run. Windows loaded so that is a good sign. My timing are really loose right now so I can either open up my FSB some more or tighten it down once I see how stable this is. Will post my settings as soon as i get a chance to test.

*edit*
After testing, everything is stable, but it is running way too slow. Right now it is 270x8 with loose timing. I think i am going to go ahead and bump it up to 285 and see what we get. Hopefully i will hit around 300. Good news is that at my current settings, my system jumped from 8,850 in 3dmark5 to 9,144. That is with a stock gpu. Can not wait to get this higher.

Last edited:
Thank for the links. They were very helpful. My only question is if thes will push to 300. I had 3dmark crash at 285, so i dropped it down to 280 and upped the volts. I will post full settings as soon as I get back (had to go to class). Looks like my FSB was holding my vid card back big time. Maybe when I post my settings you all will be able to help me tweak it out.

**update

Running at 280 I got 9,319 in 3dmark 05. Not too shabby for stock vid card.

In DRAM Configuration Section of Genie BIOS:

enable
auto
enabled
auto
level 6
level 2
auto
DRAM Response Time: normal
disable
disable

In Genie Bios:

AUTO
16 16
disable
1.500v
1.300v
above VID * 123%
1.30v
1.60v
2.7v

Yea i have been working on them. If i can not push higher then I am going to try and tighten the timings down for what I have. Any pointers on where I should start or try in order to run them higher or tighter? Still new to the DFI and none of my other boards would push this high.

It depends how high your CPU can go. Most people find it's best to max out TCCD with 2.5-3-3-7 timings rather than loosening them more. What ever timings you choose make sure you're getting the most CPU speed you can

Hmm good call. I am going to tighten up my ram to those timing and then push the cpu to see how far I can take it. Thanks again for the help. Your my hero OCZ guy ;)

Back