• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Offical Prize and winner announcement thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sorry, I guess I needed to clarify, the contest is over, the final winners will be announced before superbowl.

Last edited:
I finally got the prizes boxed up and comp is runnin on the 4350 now. Sorry for the holdup, I had to get creative with packing the GTX 260 as I don't have the original box anymore :(

I couldn't find the driver disc for the 5870 (the drivers on the cd were pretty worthless an outdated anyways...)
all original manuals and materials with the 260 are long gone, I threw in a spare DVI -> VGA converter as I think it came with one of those.

Prizes ship out tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
I finally got the prizes boxed up and comp is runnin on the 4350 now. Sorry for the holdup, I had to get creative with packing the GTX 260 as I don't have the original box anymore :(

I couldn't find the driver disc for the 5870 (the drivers on the cd were pretty worthless an outdated anyways...)
all original manuals and materials with the 260 are long gone, I threw in a spare DVI -> VGA converter as I think it came with one of those.

Prizes ship out tomorrow morning.

Sweet!

I was looking on how i was to install the 260 in my comp and i think i might have to make a mount for the water pump to hover about mid way up in the case to fit everything. Know all i have to do is find the power cable converters... the ones that connect two HD power cable to one 6 pin for the vid card. I have one that came with the 275 but the other is missing in action.

Sweet!

I was looking on how i was to install the 260 in my comp and i think i might have to make a mount for the water pump to hover about mid way up in the case to fit everything. Know all i have to do is find the power cable converters... the ones that connect two HD power cable to one 6 pin for the vid card. I have one that came with the 275 but the other is missing in action.

If you end up needing one just ask me I might just have a few spares. Won't know till I wire up my 5870 for sure but I think at that point I'll still have extras.

^^^ I think yours comes with 2 of em.

Also Items shipped. trackin number in PM ;)

The final winners will be announced monday morning, I'm going to end up skipping town tonight so I can't do the drawing tonight.

We have a possible last second prize switchout, we may be giving out a motherboard/CPU combo instead of 2 motherboards... I will need to pause the drawing until this gets sorted out.

Just got mine in....Thanks very much this sucker is amazing getting ready to eat and install it. Will post pics/thread/benchmarks once all drivers and files are cleaned and installed.

**EDIT**
Well guys I'm sorry to say this card is going nowhere fast till I can get a larger PSU this 600W just doesn't have the balls to push it and wow the 700W - 1000W PSU are sky high. Anyone out there that would have input of needed wattage to run a 5870+ first rig in sig. It is much needed as I see it now I'm looking to drop almost $200 I don't have to get this card running.

Last edited:
Just got mine in....Thanks very much this sucker is amazing getting ready to eat and install it. Will post pics/thread/benchmarks once all drivers and files are cleaned and installed.

**EDIT**
Well guys I'm sorry to say this card is going nowhere fast till I can get a larger PSU this 600W just doesn't have the balls to push it and wow the 700W - 1000W PSU are sky high. Anyone out there that would have input of needed wattage to run a 5870+ first rig in sig. It is much needed as I see it now I'm looking to drop almost $200 I don't have to get this card running.

Have you seen this one here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632739

I got a sweet deal on a 1000 Watter which is why I gave away my 650 watt PSU in the contest. In other words I don't really know the minimum wattage as I never tried it on the 650.

a review I once read on the card stated as follows...
[FONT=verdana,geneva]The card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit at minimum if you use it in a high-end system. That power supply needs to have (in total accumulated) at least 40 Amps available on the +12 volts rails.

[/FONT]

I got a sweet deal on a 1000 Watter which is why I gave away my 650 watt PSU in the contest. In other words I don't really know the minimum wattage as I never tried it on the 650.

a review I once read on the card stated as follows...

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Wow this is some prize I've got here then. 40amps on +12 line. So far I've tried running it alone off a 550Watter I have and its a no go. Try a few more things but I doubt I've got anything that will power it...Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a PSU.

it's also possible the card may be pulling more power than the board circuitry can provide, I would research comparability with your mobo especially if it's old.

Back