• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Offical Prize and winner announcement thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:shock: Really! I won something! Sweeeeet!!

This is my first time winning something.....I don't know what to say.

Ozzlo your contests ROCK!

AmbientFiction You really deserved that card +1300% increase wow :attn:

wow... just wow... my beautiful plan has been ruined by the fact that the GTX 275 is sold out everywhere (apparently it's been discontinued...) I have a friend that is looking to get another 275 to sli in the future so I was going to buy one and wait for fermi to come out and then pass the card to him... ok... so the other plan is to get a $30 el-cheapo card and be unable to game or fold on it for a few months...

i'll get this situation figured out within the week here...

and by sold out everywhere I mean I can't find a reputable dealer with one for a decent price ($200-$230)

wow... just wow... my beautiful plan has been ruined by the fact that the GTX 275 is sold out everywhere (apparently it's been discontinued...) I have a friend that is looking to get another 275 to sli in the future so I was going to buy one and wait for fermi to come out and then pass the card to him... ok... so the other plan is to get a $30 el-cheapo card and be unable to game or fold on it for a few months...

and by sold out everywhere I mean I can't find a reputable dealer with one for a decent price ($200-$230)

Yeah they seemed to pinch them off a bit ago. I saw one at a local microcenter for sub 200 after rebate and am killing myself for not getting it.

I wonder what the ATI equivalent to a gtx275 is if i had one i wouldn't need mine :)
I will have a 260 to fold with.:beer:

the 240 should be similar to an 8800GTS 320mb or better if you are looking for a cheepie for folding/gaming. the price dropped a bit too after xmas, last I saw, was around 80 bucks. might be worth a look...

I wonder what the ATI equivalent to a gtx275 is if i had one i wouldn't need mine :)
I will have a 260 to fold with.:beer:

Reviews show the 4890 is close to the 275. Some say the ATI card is better, others say Nvidia.

For folding though ATM, my 8800gt is outproducing my 4890 by a fair bit. Hopefully this will change soon with the new GPU client...

well, I went and got a 4350... it was the cheapest card with dual monitor support I could find at best buy. I will test this card out tomorrow and hopefully get my prizes out the door by monday morning.

I will be holding out with this dinky card until the new nvidia cards come out.

My dad got one of those. They really work quite well, and consume roughly nothing for power too.

well, I went and got a 4350... it was the cheapest card with dual monitor support I could find at best buy. I will test this card out tomorrow and hopefully get my prizes out the door by monday morning.

I will be holding out with this dinky card until the new nvidia cards come out.

The 4350 isn't all that bad it will run borderlands and fold. Might wanna find some ram sinks as this card will give you VPU recovers. Well at least mine does from time to time but I've got a 92mm mounted blowing across the card so that helps out. My 4350 is getting about 14m12s per frame or 483ppd. Its not great but not bad for such a cheap card I think mine ran me about $30.

My case has 9 120mm fans and 1 250mm blowhole fan... cooling is not an issue ;) This will be most helpful when I build my 100,000+ PPD folding rig in may ;)

Back