• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG What a chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yer_huckleberry said:

I wouldn't hesitate to gamble that this was pure coincidental / accidental on Dell's part. An accident that has worked positively in their and their customer's favor.
no, not really. all computer companies use oem chips, and he just happened to get a c1 1.8a. even though they are not on the intel site yet, doesnt mean they arent around. i have been seeing that oem seem to oc a little better too, i had a kick *** 2.4b, oem outta a gateway.;)

jdmcnudgent said:
no, not really. all computer companies use oem chips, and he just happened to get a c1 1.8a. even though they are not on the intel site yet, doesnt mean they arent around. i have been seeing that oem seem to oc a little better too, i had a kick *** 2.4b, oem outta a gateway.;)

Hmmm. Kinda confused on this particular post and the reference to my previous post. In clarification, I am pretty sure that DELL did not use this chip, (1.8 C1) knowing that it would be a great OCer, or that DELL cares about OCing at all. The fact that companies use OEM chips is an obvious one since it wouldn't nearly be as cost effecient for them to use boxed retail chips. That's for us.

And it is only -us-, (OCers that OC every damn thing from our procrssors to our CDRW drives) that will ever discover what a C1 1.8 will do or purchase the chip with the intentions of pushing it to it's limits and beyond.

-out.

you hit the dam CPU lottery this time... lucky SOB... I will trade u my 2.26 for your 1.8a ;)

dam nice work bro. I guess intel is beefing up the new chips. at this rate i dont see how amd will ever keep up ;) 3.5ghz with RD would be insane.
AMD better start rolling out the hammers

I remember when 3ghz was the magical barrier now we are all aiming for 4ghz ;)

AZN

yer_huckleberry said:

Hmmm. Kinda confused on this particular post and the reference to my previous post. In clarification, I am pretty sure that DELL did not use this chip, (1.8 C1) knowing that it would be a great OCer, or that DELL cares about OCing at all. The fact that companies use OEM chips is an obvious one since it wouldn't nearly be as cost effecient for them to use boxed retail chips. That's for us.

And it is only -us-, (OCers that OC every damn thing from our procrssors to our CDRW drives) that will ever discover what a C1 1.8 will do or purchase the chip with the intentions of pushing it to it's limits and beyond.

-out.
duh, dell of course does not care about overclocking. they just happened to be putting a 1.8a system together, and put the chip in the system. this chip IS lucky, as i would suspect that not all c1 1.8a's will do this.

AZN, it would be nice for you to have that chip, but would your th7II even run at 195fsb???:eh?:

255 max fsb settings. so y not? my ram can be locked to 400 so that wont stop it.

AZN

AZN said:
255 max fsb settings. so y not? my ram can be locked to 400 so that wont stop it.

AZN
yes, i understand that your board will go up to 255, but, the chipset is crap, and you have to have an exceptional board to go past 165.;)

metra said:
When is 1.8C1 gonna be available again? And for how much? Oh man i'm so excited.

I truly don't believe that "every" C1 1.8 will oc like this baby.. he just happend to have the luckiest mobo + luckiest stick and the luckiest ofcourse chip all @ the same time .. Good job bro for this OC, it's amaaaaaaaaaaazing :)

Big Nuttz said:
yes, i understand that your board will go up to 255, but, the chipset is crap, and you have to have an exceptional board to go past 165.;)
help me convince him to send me the chip and we will find out ;)

AZN

formosian said:
Update:
Looks like 3.6 is a magic barrier to her. I booted in windows at 3.6 and took the screenshot of CPUID. But when I ran Prime95, windows rebooted after 30 seconds of running.

1.7V just wont do any better either. Maybe a little bit more burn in with Prime and SETI will help.

Strange thing is that she doesn't like any votages above 1.65V. I couldn't even boot into bios with 1.65V and above at 190 X 18. Right now she is running at 3519 with 1.625V burning with Prime95 and SETI@home.

all it will do is 3.6? man that sucks!;)

Back