• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking PII question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeisel

Registered
i have pentium 2 350mhz slot 1 cpu. my problem is i want to overclock and have run out of options. my bus speed is at 100mhz already and my multiplyer at 3.5. i cant find my jumpers for multiplyer on my mobo. is there a software program that can change my multiplyer. i have tryed softFSB but does not have my particular chip. (winbond w83977tf-aw) i dont know manufacture of mobo but it came on micron millenia has number (DR737). could someone please help. is there anyway to overclock this thing?

The multiplier is locked so you can forget that Have you looked in the bios to see if there is an adjustment for bus speed. If there is no bios adj and no jumpers and soft FSB doesn't work I think you are out of luck.

how do i check the bios for multiplyer settings?, im very new

You can´t change the multiplyer, you need ta alter the Front side bus. Multiplyer is locked in P2 CPU:s

there are jumpers on my mobo for 66 and 100mhz fsb. it is set on 100mhz. can i go any higher?

I thing you are out of options. Most motherboards can go higher that 100Mhz but since yours has jumpers I assume it is an older one and it might not be able to do more than 100.

If you do find a way I can say that I had my old P2-350 running at 434Mhz (3.5 x 124Mhz) but hten I had to use PC133 SDRAM. With PC100 I got to 392 (112Mhz).

/GM

thanks anyways, i will soon be getting new mobo and after that cpu.

Back