• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P45 Motherboard Reviews/Previews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for that correction evil, maybe the mobo guys has it mixed up as I have it :bang head. In any event, your explanation describes the frustration in technical terms I have atm.
i wouldnt say it was technical but in a way that everyone should be able to understand. :)

i wouldnt say it was technical but in a way that everyone should be able to understand. :)

Why is it so hard for the mobo designers to ensure stable current, can't be that difficult I'm sure, v-drop and v-droop is such an old shortcoming, after all this time we still sit with it.

Why is it so hard for the mobo designers to ensure stable current, can't be that difficult I'm sure, v-drop and v-droop is such an old shortcoming, after all this time we still sit with it.

time to market for asus to redsign intel set spec for VRM would take way to long. if you thought DFI took along time to get boards to market think twice as long. all they would be able to do is find ways to patch the v-droop, as some claim is a issue. i dont find it a issue at all though, just a quirk to work with no biggie. :) or maybe im just :screwy:

I think the Foxconn BlackOps X48 can ensure no vdrop/vdropp. not speaking firsthand, just anecdotes I've read :/

But I'm not on the DDR3 wagon yet... The more I look at P45, the sexier that Maximus II looks.

then you want P43 left, ddr2 support... either that or those got dropped at the last minute. there is talk of a abit P43 board that is for ddr2.

hmm... when I read that comparison chart, the X48 looks better. the only thing that I would say the X48 is lacking is the ICH10(R), but I think you can flash the BIOS to get ICH10R with some mfgs, no?

This is throwing a wrench in my plans. I thought I was going to wait for a P45, but now I'm thinking X48 is better anyway

hmm... when I read that comparison chart, the X48 looks better. the only thing that I would say the X48 is lacking is the ICH10(R), but I think you can flash the BIOS to get ICH10R with some mfgs, no?

This is throwing a wrench in my plans. I thought I was going to wait for a P45, but now I'm thinking X48 is better anyway

Take a gander at this - http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=565078 ;)

yea X48 is 16/16 for CF vs P45 being 16x/8x but both being PCIE 2.0. for single cards such as a 9800GTX on PCIE 2.0 they numbers should be close. since PCIE 2.0 uses twice the buss speed then PCI 1.1, that's how they got double the bandwidth per same slot spec, ie 16x,8x,4x....

P45 is going to cost so much, X48 will still be viable imo. I just can't in good conscious pay over 300$ for a mobo, but that's just me.

Yea, I don't understand why P45 is gonna cost more then X48 just because its newer? :confused: I only paid $169 shipped for my Rampage Formula X48 :shrug:

Yea, I don't understand why P45 is gonna cost more then X48 just because its newer? :confused: I only paid $169 shipped for my Rampage Formula X48 :shrug:

woah nice deal ;)

People think of the P35 when they mention P45 and think budget, not the case at all. Half the P45 boards I've seen have more features / higher quality components than an X48, like the asus one for example.

woah nice deal ;)

People think of the P35 when they mention P45 and think budget, not the case at all. Half the P45 boards I've seen have more features / higher quality components than an X48, like the asus one for example.

There's already been talk of possibly flashing X48 board with the BIOS from P45, not sure if that would work though :confused:

Back