• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Passed Memtest96 & Prime95 Small, But Restarts at Blend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HugoBlair

I purchased a computer with specs below.
I am using default BIOS settings without OC.

On fresh installed windows 8 64, it passed hours of Prime 95 Small (temp at high 80s), and hours of Memtest64 on boot CD.

However, the computer restarts when Prime95 Blend is run for less than an hour.

What could be the problem?
Thanks.

--
Processor(Intel® Core™ i5-4670K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core™ i5-4670K)
Processor Cooling(Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1150] - Standard 120mm Fan)
Memory(16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-1866 ADATA XPG V2)
Video Card(AMD Radeon R5 230 - 2GB)
Motherboard(Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H -- 1x PCIe 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0, 6x SATA-III 6Gb/s)
Power Supply(600W OCZ ModXStream Pro - 80 PLUS)
Primary Hard Drive(250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD -- Read: 540MB/s, Write: 520MB/s - Single Drive)

Run Blend for ~20min (if you can) and post a screenshot of CPUz and HWMonitor, please :)

I purchased a computer with specs below.
I am using default BIOS settings without OC.

On fresh installed windows 8 64, it passed hours of Prime 95 Small (temp at high 80s), and hours of Memtest64 on boot CD.

However, the computer restarts when Prime95 Blend is run for less than an hour.

Sounds like it may be bus termination voltage. Does Windows have a bus error in the event log?

Prime95 blend will turn up memory problems sometimes that Memtest86+ does not. I would manually set the RAM timings and voltages to spec and retest. I would also test with Prime95 blend while only having one memory stick installed at a time and swap them out.

I would also be curious to know if you can pass IntelBurnTest for 1hr. on high setting.

Sounds like it may be bus termination voltage. Does Windows have a bus error in the event log?

An unexpected shutdown was recorded in the event log, but I couldn't find where it says it's a bus error. In the log, there is only a long string of numbers and letters following a number 10.
Thanks.

Run Blend for ~20min (if you can) and post a screenshot of CPUz and HWMonitor, please :)

Below please see the screen shot. Thank you very much.

Prime95%20Blend.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Those temps are WAY too high for stock speeds and under some kind of AIO water it seems...

Like RJAKHGKHAGD said, bad mount of the block on the CPU or bad thermal paste application there. Get that in order first, see if blend can pass then.

Those temps are WAY too high for stock speeds and under some kind of AIO water it seems...

Like RJAKHGKHAGD said, bad mount of the block on the CPU or bad thermal paste application there. Get that in order first, see if blend can pass then.

Bingo.

You're hitting temps that are WAY too high, that's causing the crashes.

Back