• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pent D 805 results thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i left the pc running idle all night and when I awoke, i saw it had shut itself off. I did notice that once i get above 1.325v in the bios, the core voltage shown in windows fluctuates rapidly, sometimes by more than .02v. I'm thinking the board just can't handle the higher voltages well, even if I can keep the mosfets cool.

*edit: I was going to bump it up to 200fsb tonight and try to get at least 10min orthos stable for a sweet air cooled screeny...might still be possible, but I think there's no way I'll be able to keep that 24/7 on this board.

There is a pencil mod that fixes this. I had the same issues. This mod actually gives it a slight boost when its under load. I am using a C2D now, but do a search on google for pencil mods for your MB. I had a P5ND2-SLI, but there were a few boards that used the chip that needed the pencil trick, really all you did was put a sharp pointed pencil between 2 connectors and snap it off making the connection. Its worth looking for.

great, i'll definitely look for that because i have the voltage set to 1.425v which is the max for the board, and I dropped all the way down to 194mhz and still couldn't get more than 50 minutes orthos stable. Since i install mod chips, i feel pretty confident with my soldering ability, so i might forgo the pencil for something a little more quality. thanks for the heads up.

there is a thread at VR zone that shamino and the guys will take a look at pictures of the board and help you come up with some Vmods.
You just need to take close up pics of the correct areas of the motherboard.

I'm skimming though and your probibly looking for Vcore and Vdroop mods.

i'll look into it, but unfortunately, my camera isn't very good, only 2x zoom.

p.s. right now i'm an hour in to orthos at 193mhz and 1.425v = 3861mhz. my pwm temp is sitting at 99c, proc at 53c, and case temp at 27c. My core voltage droops to 1.28v under load, and shows 1.36v when idle. Oops, spoke too soon, just errored out at 1 hour 18 minutes, i think i'll just drop it to 190 instead of making those baby steps.

You just have to do alot of research. These guys get great clocks because they put alot of time into it. I have been kind of stuck on my new C2D setup, but I cant really complain because I havent really even put more than a good hour or 2 into it. Once I poke around a few forums and try a few configs I'll start to ask the questions where I need the holes filles in. I'm not sure your MB has the same chip as mine. just googel you mb model and mods or vdroop mod and see what pops up. You wont be the only one who's looked or asked or found an answer.

seems that I am. I did google searches for several different terms, and I found nothing on IL8 vdroop mods, vmods, volt mods, or pencil mods, that's why I asked if you had a specific link.

JCLW said:
I'm using an 830 so I don't have much choice in the multiplier department either (14x and 15x).
How are you able to set it to 14x? I run it on a P5LD2 Deluxe and can't figure out any way to change it from 15x, despite turning on "CPU Lock Free" in the BIOS and also trying to change the value in the AI Booster utility (it asks to restart and then again shows 15x).

Vmods? My question is about using the lower multiplier.

Last edited:
Back