• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

text

Registered
Here is my current system:

antec 350 power supply
2.4c pentium (revision MO)
abit max-3
kingston 512mb pc4000
pny 5900 ultra (bios update to 5950)
ZALMAN CNPS7000A-AlCu

Here are my questions:

1. What is the best settings to maximize my system? (In regard to clockability of my cpu and ram)

2. Any comments or tips?

Here is what I have done so far:

I have already try to overclock with 1:1 divider but fsb won't go pass 230. With a 5:4 divider, it won't go pass 270.

Suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Your system is strong, plenty of power and your processor is good being the M0. But what bothers me is your PSU, Antec is a good brand (I have the same one) however your pushing more power via your graphics card and maybe multiple HDDs and optical drives. Also you cooling is good but not overclocking in it's desing. You might want to sport for water if you have the cash or high end air if your ears can take it.

From math I see that at 230fsb 1.1 you're only at 2760, Correct?

Also:

Welcome to OCForum

I have a 350watt PSU as well...
Your PC4000 @ 1:1 should be going higher than 230... cause that's only running at PC3700ish speeds. If it isn't running 1:1 at 250fsb like it should then you may have some bad memory...

Yep RAM should do better than that, try increasing the vdimm to 2.6v or 2.7v and maybe relax the memory timings a little. You don't mention vcore, but Abit tends to undervolt a little, so you might need to bump up the voltage a little just to run that thing near advertised default vcore. Lastly, make sure you update the BIOS and "disable" the last two GAT settings.

Thank you Mr. $T$ for the big welcome. The reason I couldn't get past 230 fsb because it was the ram timing. It was default to 3-3-3-8 so I had to change it to 3-4-4-8. It got me up to 250 fsb 1:1, but I believe I can achieve more with this setup. I think I can get at least 270 fsb 1:1 divider with this cpu and the ram. I did up the vcore to 1.6 and vdim to 2.7 and have updated the bios. Any reasons why I coudn't go as high? The only reasons I can think of are that the motherboard have a problem allowing people to go pass 255 fsb or that my psu doesn't have enough juice. Are my reasons correct? I'm kind of stuck at this moment.

BTW, batboy nice overclock on your 2.4c. I wish I can get mine to go up as high as yours.;)

I've been out of the loop awhile, are abit's still picky with ram?

I have a IS7 and I had to return a stick of kingson because it would not run at stock speeds. Possably your motherboard and ram are not getting along.

Is there such thing as a good batch of motherboard as in CPUs? Should I try another board or buy the 2.8c instead. The reason I bought the 2.4c is so that I can get at least 270fsb, now it didn't happen I'm kind of disappointed.

The abit board is plenty capable of that, you just might have a stick that does not like your board, which is a problem with abits. From my latter knowledge mushkin, corsair, OCZ and Buffalo work well with abits kingston should but my experence has been negitive. Heck my old 2700 Corsair achieved higher speeds then my 3200 kingston did.

Back