• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pls Help CPU Problem wont boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whiteshadow09

Hey everyone,

I'm having a few troubles with my computer, I have an Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE motherboard, 2 x 512mb corsair ddr2 533mhz ram, I did have a P4 3.2Ghz cpu and Radeon X700 video card.

My mate upgraded his computer so I bought his old psu (neo he 550w), a 256mb nvidia geforce 7900gt and a core 2 duo e6400 cpu. (I've read reviews of people overclocking this cpu on my motherboard so I know its compatible)

I had all sorts of problems at the start putting the new hardware in, it wouldn't boot, then there was error messages, in the end I worked out that the bios needed flashing, got that all flashed, put my computer hardware back to my original gear and made sure it was all working fine. It was all good, so I changed the video card to the new one I bought off my mate and it all worked fine. I put the cpu in and now here is my problem...

I turn the computer on, the lights inside the case, all the fans, the hdd all start up, there is no POST beep (no beeps at all), the screen does not turn on (receive signal) and on the motherboard abit has a uguru display and it says "9.0" I look in the manual and "9.0" means "complete uguru intial process, award bios take over booting job." I leave the computer just sitting there for a minute and nothing changes...

does anyone have any ideas??

thanks for your help

dave.

Hey everyone,

I'm having a few troubles with my computer, I have an Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE motherboard, 2 x 512mb corsair ddr2 533mhz ram, I did have a P4 3.2Ghz cpu and Radeon X700 video card.

My mate upgraded his computer so I bought his old psu (neo he 550w), a 256mb nvidia geforce 7900gt and a core 2 duo e6400 cpu. (I've read reviews of people overclocking this cpu on my motherboard so I know its compatible)

I had all sorts of problems at the start putting the new hardware in, it wouldn't boot, then there was error messages, in the end I worked out that the bios needed flashing, got that all flashed, put my computer hardware back to my original gear and made sure it was all working fine. It was all good, so I changed the video card to the new one I bought off my mate and it all worked fine. I put the cpu in and now here is my problem...

I turn the computer on, the lights inside the case, all the fans, the hdd all start up, there is no POST beep (no beeps at all), the screen does not turn on (receive signal) and on the motherboard abit has a uguru display and it says "9.0" I look in the manual and "9.0" means "complete uguru intial process, award bios take over booting job." I leave the computer just sitting there for a minute and nothing changes...

does anyone have any ideas??

thanks for your help

dave.

Just a silly question... but did u set everything back to stock 1st??

yeah after updating the bios I put it all back to stock, then changed the video card, made sure that it was all running properly which it was so then I changed the cpu now it wont boot up.

Back