• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power supply power input cables!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
PLEASE, use the power input cable that is supplied with your power supply!!!!!!!!!! here's why.......
I walked into my office after not being in it for a few weeks, for reasons beyond my control and found my whole office electricly dead, just dead.......
flip the power swithes off and on...... just dead..........
out to the panel and found the breaker popped....... flip it back on and POP!!!!!!!
going through the fun I found the problem was a psu power cable had roasted............
I had just grabbed a cable and shoved it in, it's only a lightly clocked 4790K and a pair of 1060's that draw about 350 watts so anything should do...... right?

PLEASE, use the power input cable that is supplied with your power supply!!!!!!!!!! here's why.......
I walked into my office after not being in it for a few weeks, for reasons beyond my control and found my whole office electricly dead, just dead.......
flip the power swithes off and on...... just dead..........
out to the panel and found the breaker popped....... flip it back on and POP!!!!!!!
going through the fun I found the problem was a psu power cable had roasted............
I had just grabbed a cable and shoved it in, it's only a lightly clocked 4790K and a pair of 1060's that draw about 350 watts so anything should do...... right?

Cd if you didn't have bad luck with PSU's........I guess just be happy you didn't have another fire!

this issue has nothing to do with the psu, instead of reaching into the evga box and grabbing a good power cable, I just grabbed one off the shelf, it must have been from an off the shelf pc...........
after the fire I burnt most of the house down with, and what was left was water damaged, the bee will only have a real pro do my wiring, not me......

Back