• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: OverMoD by BlueBall (Custom MODS!) *tons-o-pics*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dang, you've done it again!

Its like any other great idea, once its done, you think, "Why hasn't anyone done this before? Its so simple..."

Are you going to run that on its own loop? Just wondering because those barbs on the DDR block look kind of small and what we are seeing is the widest part of the in the block (Oh I see the measurement of the pipe now, which is big enough. They just looked small next to that octopus you got sitting on your cpu). What sort of thing did you do to make the water turbulant inside the RAM block?

ghettocomp said:
That is the slickest waterblock for ram that i have seen to date, Now i cant wait to see how the whole finished rig is going to look.

Finished? ... I dunno what I'd do if there was nothing to do!?!? :cry:

Skeen said:
Dang, you've done it again!

Its like any other great idea, once its done, you think, "Why hasn't anyone done this before? Its so simple..."

Are you going to run that on its own loop? Just wondering because those barbs on the DDR block look kind of small and what we are seeing is the widest part of the in the block (Oh I see the measurement of the pipe now, which is big enough. They just looked small next to that octopus you got sitting on your cpu). What sort of thing did you do to make the water turbulant inside the RAM block?

The system has two main cooling loops. One for the CPU. Another goes to the GPU block, from there, there are FOUR outlets ... so I will run the HDDs, DDR x2 and GPU DDR. I am going to get a HUGE pump next time. LOL

One of my pumps died. So I have a little less flow as well. DOH! :confused:

As for turbulance ... no .. that is a long enough passage to remove heat. It's far better than I thought it was going to be.

I made the block exactly the width for my ram. I used a spacer during soldering. I still had to cut the slot a tiny bit wider. The ram fits extremely snug. I don't ever want to have to remove them for fear of damage.

Not bad at all...
The "over the top" solution is interesting...very interesting...

I wouldn't be suprised if a manufacturer asked you for that idea...I would if I owned a waterblock company.

Seven said:
Not bad at all...
The "over the top" solution is interesting...very interesting...

I wouldn't be suprised if a manufacturer asked you for that idea...I would if I owned a waterblock company.

What would you expect to pay for a water cooled DDR setup?

I could probably make 20 or so a day.

I'm still waiting for a good company that wants my ideas. Trust me ... I have alot more ideas.

Did you know it costs $10-15K to patent an idea/invention. I'd love to have that kind of capitol. I'd put my house on the line but I must also think of my family.

So I have one year to patent my published idea(s), otherwise they become 'public domain'.
Since I have published and proven the 'date of conception', anyone who wants to use my ideas commercially will need my approval.

I think I understood that link ... thx

just read all 13 pages of your mods, you are truly inspiring. The ram coolers are genius. Also, did you ever get rid of that Xaser?

[edit] make that 14

firebat45 said:
just read all 13 pages of your mods, you are truly inspiring. The ram coolers are genius. Also, did you ever get rid of that Xaser?

[edit] make that 14

Thx

I still have the Xaser III ... very well built case ... it is in pieces but still usable. It is a pretty nice looking case, even stock. I can only imagine what it would look like now if I was still using it. :shrug:

Check out the www.overclockers.com front page. I have a published article about this project. Or just type 'OverMOD' into your Google.

I dislike TT for coolers ripoffs, but their cases are great. Good, soild, well designed and pretty quiet. Resonance is pretty low too. Too bad that their new cases like Shark or Armor are beyond my budget (if someone can afford them, they seem to be great). It looks like I end with DIY case.

btw, congratulations for article @ overclockers.com - be proud

firebat45 said:
ok ive got another question. What kind of TIM did you use on the RAM? Was it so snug a fit that you didnt use anything?

I used AS5 but it acts as a capacitor and holds a charge. Both of my ram sticks stopped working until I used my electric toothbrush in the bathtub to clean them both. They now work 100% since I started using generic white thermal grease.

ty, ty

I havn't had much time to mod lately. I'm selling my house and getting divorced. G'dam wife racked up $20K in CC debt.

Looks like I won't be upgrading to 939 anytime soon.

:bang head

BlueBall said:
ty, ty

I havn't had much time to mod lately. I'm selling my house and getting divorced. G'dam wife racked up $20K in CC debt.

Looks like I won't be upgrading to 939 anytime soon.

:bang head

Uh, wow, sorry man.

What's worse is that debts get paid FIRST, then the equity of the home is split 50/50.

I have to spend MY money fixing the house in preperation for sale as well.

Lose Lose for me ... Win Win for her. Isn't it always?

P.S. I think I'm gonna buy an RV to live in. If I can afford it.

SOB

Back