• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Buyer's Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: Re: PSU Buyer's Guide

dustybyrd said:

great table!

but you're missing some power supplies...there are the fortron 550's and the other fortron 530 GN model that is weaker on the 5 and 3.3v but much stronger on the 12v lines....that power supply is a rebranded Aopen...

Thank you for the heads up dustybyrd, I'll fix that ASAP. :)

AntecRep said:
BTW for Europe we do have Active PFC versions of all our PSU's.

AntecRep

So do ALL other brands, as "EN 61000-3-2" (power line harmonics) and "EN 61000-3-3" (power line flicker) has gone in effect in Europe since January 1, 2001 which require PFC (either passive or active).

Hmm that table doesnt display right for me, contents are sifted to the right of the headings. Especially for the last several values,

pik4chu said:
Hmm that table doesnt display right for me, contents are sifted to the right of the headings. Especially for the last several values,

yeah, its the same way for me. It was orginally done in Excel 97, then mbently was kind enough to export it to HTML, (big thanx again, man!). If you wish to view the original worksheet, it is available here. :)

Re: Re: Re: PSU Buyer's Guide

Penguin4x4 said:

Thank you for the heads up dustybyrd, I'll fix that ASAP. :)

I looked into it, and that AOpen model is an EPS12V PSU for Xeon systems, ;) :)

Alright! I just downloaded OpenOffice, and it kindly saved my Excel 97 worksheet to HTML, and also added Table borders too. The original link will now take you to that table.

So Enjoy!!!!!!! :D :D

EDIT: SBC MAY be having some hiccups here and there, so if it doesn't work, try reloading it, :)

Last edited:
Lovely Penguin, truly lovely :D

I like it, now I don't really need to go hunting for good readable images of the "data" side of a PSU lol

Interesting...they look like <hr> tags but they don't seem to show up in the source...bah :D

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Hey, that's a good idea. The only shots I've seen like that are on newegg's site. Might be worth emailing them and ask for permission to use them. Since we have 30,000 current or future newegg customers here you could acknowledge their assistance and thank them on the table so they would get a little advertising value out of it. I think we have sticky material here, but lets add pics if we can.

I do kind of wonder about that one FSP 250 that is listed at 17A on the 12v line. As far as I know 13A is as strong as FSP 250's get. But on the whole it's a great job and even if the specs aren't that telling it saves time to not have to hunt them down yourself.

larva said:

I do kind of wonder about that one FSP 250 that is listed at 17A on the 12v line. As far as I know 13A is as strong as FSP 250's get.

Actually that is an error on my part. Sparkle's site lists it 17A when in actuality its only 13A. :)

EDIT: Fixed it, :D

Last edited:
Looks like good sticky material to me. Good work, Penguin4x4!

Hopefully this won't keep it from being read. :p

Notice how nobody has replied since? That's the problem with sticking something around here... [/B]

i don't follow your comments....what do you mean?

this is the kind of sticky that doesn't need that many comments other than fixes and additions...

and maybe some user comments on REAL current loads on the voltage lines....instead of what might be inflated specifications on some manufacturer's supplies...

dustybyrd said:

and maybe some user comments on REAL current loads on the voltage lines....instead of what might be inflated specifications on some manufacturer's supplies...

Yes that would be helpful as well, :)

Back