• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Buyer's Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RAMMAN said:
pity i didnt see this earlier :bang head ive just purchased the antec truepower550w to replace it is it good?

Its a great PSU unit that has a good reputation in overclocking circles. I've never had any problems with mine for the year since buying it. Very little voltage flunctuations on all rails with high overclocks and comes with 2 x 8cm fans. You won't go wrong with this line of PSU. There are a few variations for the top line units now - but all are built with Quality. :)

Penguin4x4 said:
Here is a table I have prepared listing all the major Power Supply Units and their attributes. Please add any thoughts, opinions, and personal experiences you have here. (BTW: I do plan on continually editing this list as needed, :))

Here is nice explanation on Power Factor Correction, or PFC

Here is a more technical explanation on PFC

How about an update adding the 680W Thermaltake power supply? Any information or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

1stOVERCLOCKER triple short post FTW! :beer:

BTW, Update request plz or renew but do it After R600 arrives and settles

A note of caution for the OCZ StealthXstream should be pinned up, it's not as quiet as lots of buyers expect.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30007

Became a sticky as I guess lots of people are RMAing 'good' PSUs. I found it ok for the about of air it pushed, but no idea why it pushed that much air.
By far the noisiest thing in my PC (audible from 10 feet away). Might have been faulty fan controller, but didn't want to play the RMA game like others in the mentioned thread on what was an in spec psu.

So cracked it open and swapped in a Global WIN NCB 19dBA 1300RPM fan. NOW it's stealth (and cools perfectly)

T.

Last edited:
Back