• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on Delta Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
H

Howard

I have a PIII 700E w/alpha P3125 w/delta fans. Through what I had heard, I never ran the power directly through my board in fear of it frying. I have an Abit BE6 II Rev1.0........can I run these fans through my board?

Thanks!!

It's generally not recommended to run high volume fans from the MB fan headers. With rare exception they are only capable of a couple of watts, and some of the Deltas pull 3 or 4.

The Delta is rated at 3.84 watts. Check your motherboard specs for power at the CPU header (where the fan plugs in). If it supplies less than what the Delta requires then you'll be in trouble.

I burnt out my case fan header with a 120mm that I was testing for a friend, and my CPU fan header with my Delta. Don't do it!

Mark Black (Dec 27, 2000 11:22 a.m.):
I burnt out my case fan header with a 120mm that I was testing for a friend, and my CPU fan header with my Delta. Don't do it!

OK Mark I won't.....:)) I'll find something else to play with. Thanks guys!!!

Back