• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 8500 Bios Flashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shoemaker

Registered
I have the flasher...and the different bios....

Can someone please direct me to step by step instruction site...or have some insightful input?

I'm willing to take the risk, but want as much information as I can gather first....thanks:p

I believe Gigabyte has a new bios just released on there site for the Radeons they carry.. I believe it only fixes one thing if I can remember right.. if things are good with your card, don't chance messing with the bios..

alot of people are flashing the bios becuase they have an LE board, flashing to a retail bios will set the clocks to Retail specs ie:275/275 without them having to use a utility to do so.. however some find issues caused by the voltage being set to low on their card and they end up with artifacts.. The only other advantage of flashing is if there was something wrong with the original, a bug or flaw that when corrected would make your card run more stable..

Back