• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ramsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XiveX

Hi all,

Just to clear up a discrepancy I've seen, what is the official way to put ramsinks/heatsink on a video card. Do you apply Artic Silver Epoxy or Artic Alumina Epoxy. SOme people say alumina, others say Silver. The reason I ask is because the people who say alumina claim that you don't want something highly conductive (ie Arctic Silver) on your video GPU/memory chips....so they say use Arctic Alumina.... can you clarify this point for me??

Thanks,

Xive

You pretty much have it down. I installed Ramsinks on my 8500 today. And used Artic Alumina, reason being is I have heard horror stories about people useing the silver and getting globs on the pins of the memory. This results in shorting out the memory since the silver is conductive. I myself cant afford to go by another card if i mess up. IT really didnt seem like to big of a deal as far as mess wise, but i played it safe anyways, and its working great. Hope I helped you.

Good Luck

I use arctic alumina for the reasons already mentioned, its safer. I dont really want to break anything.

Back