• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reference Build: EVGA SR-2 "Computing" Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jmtyra, Im talking GeneralMac gets home from work, had to duck when entering the front door kinda of mad... Some of my best and most awsome sweet talking kind of mad.... Threw GeneralMac and all his stuff on the front porch kind of mad.....
whew, she was mad....she already knows how much time it takes to oc...and how much time it took me to figure out linux.....and all the nerdy stuf...that was part of the reason she was mad. the other part was she found out today because the bank squeeld on me

OH WOW! :eek:

Well remember you can get a refund if it'll keep you from bodily harm my man. If not, PM me, we can work a deal on those lovely hex cores of yours. :p

You should take pics and share of the build progress!! Minus the pots and pans being thrown at you of course. ;)

Jmtyra, Im talking GeneralMac gets home from work, had to duck when entering the front door kinda of mad... Some of my best and most awsome sweet talking kind of mad.... Threw GeneralMac and all his stuff on the front porch kind of mad.....
Does she understand that you are ultimately saving lives? That you are doing something selfless and generous for the betterment of mankind? That you are essentially a hero? Does she not get this?

I'm happy to talk to her on your behalf if you like. And you can talk to my ex if you want. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, no kidding... dude, where's your PPD!?!?!? That rig should be pushing 100k on bigadv easy. :) I challenge thee to take my stop in the Top 20. :beer:

Really... I challenge thee... but don't mind me... this is what I do when I come home from the bar and have nothing better to do on a Friday night. :D :beer:

Yeah, no kidding... dude, where's your PPD!?!?!? That rig should be pushing 100k on bigadv easy. :) I challenge thee to take my stop in the Top 20. :beer:

Really... I challenge thee... but don't mind me... this is what I do when I come home from the bar and have nothing better to do on a Friday night. :D :beer:

He is selling the equipment. Couldn't get it to overclock worth a darn. PPD was not very impressive. Check his first post in this thread.

Jmtyra,

Just checking in. How are things going?
Not bad! The rig is currently helping out the Rosetta team and their "Rosie RAC Harvest" going on. Here is the info if you want to check it out:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657825

I'll have some RAC numbers that I can add for the performance piece. :thup:

It'll push about ~80k PPD with the E5620s in there. BUT! It's currently not folding, see the note above.
OT, but if all goes well, I'll have a pair of hex cores before too long. :D

:eek:

O-TAY! Don't mind the comment about hex cores. I'll be a pushover. I promise. No, really! :p

He is selling the equipment. Couldn't get it to overclock worth a darn. PPD was not very impressive. Check his first post in this thread.
For the Asus, this is correct. But for the SR-2, oh no sir...those babies will be eating you up once I get a few more. ;) They're just expensive to start out with. :(

For anyone looking for the Asus board, it's listed here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658894

Not bad! The rig is currently helping out the Rosetta team and their "Rosie RAC Harvest" going on. Here is the info if you want to check it out:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657825

I'll have some RAC numbers that I can add for the performance piece. :thup:

It'll push about ~80k PPD with the E5620s in there. BUT! It's currently not folding, see the note above.
OT, but if all goes well, I'll have a pair of hex cores before too long. :D

:eek:

O-TAY! Don't mind the comment about hex cores. I'll be a pushover. I promise. No, really! :p

For the Asus, this is correct. But for the SR-2, oh no sir...those babies will be eating you up once I get a few more. ;) They're just expensive to start out with. :(

For anyone looking for the Asus board, it's listed here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658894

Sorry about that I was thinking I was in your other thread. :screwy:

That's why your elbow still hurts, has nothing to do with your accident.:p You should wear one those beer caps...you won't have to bend your elbow at all.:p

That's why your elbow still hurts, has nothing to do with your accident.:p You should wear one those beer caps...you won't have to bend your elbow at all.:p

Well damn... why didn't I think of that. :D

Oh, guess who's back... back again... harlam's back... tell a friend... :beer:

Back