• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing the fan on the Hyper 212+ dropped my temps by ~5C.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnrealAlex

Instead of plugging it into the cpu fan plug, I put two yate loons in a push pull and connected them straight to the PSU. The noise is the same if not better (my stock fan got somewhat noisy at load..) but my temps dropped by about 3-5C, from about 60-61C at load to about 55-57. Just a heads up to you Hyper 212 owners.

Which Yates, Alex? Lows, mediums or highs?

I'm not sure honestly, I bought them a couple years ago, here's what it says on them
DC Brushless
D12SL-12
DC 12v 0.30A
Yate Loon Electronics.

Off topic but I reset my heatsink/redid the thermal paste thinking I'd get better temps but my idle temps actually went up by 3 C, load stayed the same. God I hate heatsinks and everything to do with them...

Currently at 1.22 vcore it idles around 33C and loads around 55C, pretty standard for a 2500k with a Hyper 212+ I suppose? Guess I was just spoiled by my E6750 which idled in the 20's and loaded in the 40's overclocked.

Well, the H series are not really watercooling. Technically yes it has water, but still a stick it and forget it Dell type product.

The H70 is probably 1-2C better than your 212.

If you are looking for significantly better temps than your 212+ gives, the cheaper Corsair LCLC units won't cut the mustard. You are going to need at least an H70 (old model) or H80 (new model) to have significantly better temps. And of those 2, the H80 is the choice to go with, especially since a quick google search shows them to be priced similarly at around $90.

You went from single stock fan to dual yate's or dual stock fans to dual yates?
I saw a 3-5* drop by adding a 2nd blademaster fan to the 212+.

Back