• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Return to sender!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MsNath

I bought a nifty little 3.6 cft freezer to use as a resevoir for my water cooling system. After a week of static testing<Not circulating the water> I couldn't get my liquid below -10c. This was a big disappointment.

After doing some research I found out that this little freezer does not cool on all five sides. Not sure how many but not all five.

Just a note to anyone else thinking about using a freezer as a resevoir.

Its going back tommorow. time for a freezer upgrade :)

I don't think anyone is cooling T-Birds down below 5C. My hat's off to you, you certainly take CPU cooling very seriously! How much will it cost to drop from 20C to 5C? I think it will be a lot.

Not much. The cooling set up is identical I'm just using a freezer as a reservoir instead of a regular reservoir.

You can pickup used deep freezers for cheap, I would say less than 172wat pelt and the cooling is much better :)

Back