• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandisk 128GB Extreme Go USB stick.....faulty ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s8n

Registered
hi members, I have 2 of these sticks bought from a reputable chain store. 1 works great , the other is problematic such as when copying a 1GB file it starts and stops repeatdly. Reading is fine though

any insight is helpful

do you know if it is the usb 3.0, 3.1, or 3.2
It seems that after the original usb3.0 version they seem to slow down after writing and never seem to recover on their own. I have reformatted a 3.1 every now and then to recover performance for a short bit of writing. My original usb3.0 just takes names when doing work and never had an issue out of it

hi dejo , nice to hear from you. It' a 3.1 model , reformatting doesn't to the trick for me unfortunately.

I have never been happy with my 3.1, but still love the 3.0 as it has always been faster

good to know mate , im going to grab a Orico rev2 and Samsung 2.5 and cut my losses

That's what I have... love mine. :)

Return/RMA the other one. It's likely bad if one transfers the same data and doesn't stop in the same/similar spots.

I had one go so faulty that transfer rates were measured in days instead of minutes. I ended up RMA'ing it. The replacement works fine.

Thanks for all the help guys , i'm going to attempt a replacement. I see them backing out of it somehow , but it's worth a shot.

BTW nice to see you again EarthDog

I don't know. Sandisk has been good to me so hopefully you find the same.

Back