• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

seems not many ppl know this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ssprncvegeta said:
well. as i clearly stated, this ones an extreme, but optional UPGRADE. keyword UPGRADE. buying a completely different computer isnt a UPGRADE.

buy the following things:
mobo, case with power supply, CPU, and memory
take everything from the OLD computer and put it in the new BAREBONE, u have just done a UPGRADE

this, to me, was common sense even before i was told SOME ppl did it. i said UPGRADE and you quickly assumed im a dumbass that doesnt know anything. if you cant read, then your really ****ed

i didnt see that someone quoted me and said i needed more things. well no **** sherlock. but thats for a full computer.

buy these components and put them in a your used-to-be old computer

but didn't you also say.."but there is a very inexpensive way to get a totally bitchin computer" which would include a decent video card, and fast hdd/hdd's dvd, cdrw, sound card better than onboard...etc.

now for the processors.

if 2 companies are neck-and-neck in what seems to be a never ending competition. but if ONE makes a completely NEW computer, you would THINK it would be faster, instead it is neck-and-neck with a older CPU with a few adjustments.

if amd is practicly broke and 5 minutes away from bankrupcy and/or drop employees, why make a new CPU

a pentium 4 beats a old athlon. a athlon beats a pentium2. etc. why is it that there is a small indifference in that were a NEW cpu is STILL TRYING to outperform a cpu the older one was almost the same as?

i think their going down the poopoo hole =/

but didn't you also say.."but there is a very inexpensive way to get a totally bitchin computer" which would include a decent video card, and fast hdd/hdd's dvd, cdrw, sound card better than onboard...etc.

ok... yes i said there is a inexpensive way to get a totally bitchin computer. i said totally as part of bitchin. meaning totally-bitchin. like:
"completely cool"
or
"all awesome"

it doesnt mean the thing im talking about is in full, but the word infront of is to its fullest extent. were u all dreaming about computers in english class?

well if its so repetive, why cant the clawhammer COMPLETELY and TOTALLY(meaning it can) beat the P4 senslessly, and be like comparing a P3 and a athlon xp....?

show me a 54 dollar intel that can outperform my xp1600@ 1901mhz

well if pentium4 were selling cheap they'd be in deep ****...wait....isnt AMD.........................?

ssprncvegeta said:
well if its so repetive, why cant the clawhammer COMPLETELY and TOTALLY(meaning it can) beat the P4 senslessly, and be like comparing a P3 and a athlon xp....?

well if pentium4 were selling cheap they'd be in deep ****...wait....isnt AMD.........................?

i'm not interested in an amd/intel war . i'm also not interested in being so noble, i'd pay 3 times as much, so my cpu's company does well...lol amd can die tomorrow, and my xp1600 will still be the best bang for the buck for a while....

i'm happy to see you don't mind paying too much to claim to be the best, however, this thread was started with the dollar in mind, wasn't it? lol

get a grip, and smile. lets stop this war thingy and realize that there is no proven way really, to tell which is a better performer. i guess it depends on what you use your pc for. some apps. work better with intel, and some with amd. ;) :beer:

intel doesnt buy products to make CPU's at the same price of their income profit. if amd knew that and charged, even just 3/4 of intel and still be the speeds they are(which are impressive for the way their doing...no profit in 3 months....)they MIGHT make a profit, they MIGHT catch up in mhz, and if they did and STILL had that same gain were as 1.6GHz amd = 2.2GHz intel, they'd be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead, theyd actually have money to pay their hard working employees, and maybe be at 5ghz(9000+) by the time intel has a 3.2ghz

tell me. tell me why they dont just make their prices 3/4 intels?

lol, this is pathetic. at least i have a life during the day

ssprncvegeta said:
intel doesnt buy products to make CPU's at the same price of their income profit. if amd knew that and charged, even just 3/4 of intel and still be the speeds they are(which are impressive for the way their doing...no profit in 3 months....)they MIGHT make a profit, they MIGHT catch up in mhz, and if they did and STILL had that same gain were as 1.6GHz amd = 2.2GHz intel, they'd be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead, theyd actually have money to pay their hard working employees, and maybe be at 5ghz(9000+) by the time intel has a 3.2ghz

tell me. tell me why they dont just make their prices 3/4 intels?

lol, this is pathetic. at least i have a life during the day

ok, so you have a life during the day? so, what does that mean exactly?

ssprncvegeta said:
ok, u quoted me, then asked what a life is. if i had time to tell u i would

you said at least you've got a life during the day.....well, who are you claiming doesn't?

i never asked what a life is, i wanted to know what that had to do with this thread. if it's a flame, edit it now, or a mod will. and read the rules...

I bought a P4 1.6a O/Ced it to 2.54 Mhz and ran some benchi marks till I had it tweaked just right. Then I compared it to similar setups. I'll be damned if the AMD 2200+ is comparable in all the benchmarks I did. A 2200+ O/Ced will performs pretty damned good compared to anything intel has to offer in the same price range or even twice the price of the 2200+.

ssprncvegeta said:
ok, u quoted me, then asked what a life is. if i had time to tell u i would

lol, you listed ....couch potato.....as an occupation...lol real good life.....aaahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha

well ppl with no life would go through with this all day and night. right now(in my time zone) is 12am. im about to goto sleep.

when i wake up computers dont pass my mind untill 8pm or later. im just saying that im talking more in a market/money-making way. not b/c i think one is better. im fully behind amd, i just wish they had money. maybe jerking up their price 75% would get some profit. and still be cheaper than intels. then they would have money to make cpus faster and more ofter. intel would be at a loss

ssprncvegeta said:
couching is a lifestyle if im not at work getting money to pay for computers

=D

ok, man, i'll lay off and give it a rest too. just for the record, i am a dad, and i raise 3 children. i upgrade pc on the side, but i am disabled. i do not mooch ssi, or welfare, and i do quite a great job at raising my kids.

:beer: cheers to you, man:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back