• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shockng mobo???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doggmeister

Registered
er..ok weird one guys.but i'm getting minor shocks from the back of my case where the ps and on the slots too..i.e place the monitor cable on the metal back of case and minor blue sparks fly!! wadafuk going on?

also please anyone know how to up the agp bus on msi kt7pro2a?

I suggest immediately ordering a new power supply.

I once had a power supply that began "sparking" as you describe. It wasn't long before it ceased to exist. Luckily it didn't take any valuable system components with it.

I shut down and yanked it out of the case. I could clearly see where a large resistor had practically melted. ::Black scorch marks were evident::

doggmeister (Feb 20, 2001 08:00 a.m.):
er..ok weird one guys.but i'm getting minor shocks from the back of my case where the ps and on the slots too..i.e place the monitor cable on the metal back of case and minor blue sparks fly!! wadafuk going on?

doggmeister (Feb 20, 2001 08:00 a.m.):

I agree about the PSU. What do you mean about upping the AGP? Are you running at 4x?

Cheers guys for the advice..now I know why the damn case was so cheap..I'll source a 300w ps as soon as I get home and turn the machine off (i leave my pc on 24/7) ..anyhoo regarding the monitor it has it's own plug so i connect it direct to mains not through pc, so not sure if that would be the problem..also the ps seems to be blowing out hot air not cool air as it should be..another factor i suppose

regarding the agp I would like to over clock it to 89 as i hear the fsb for the agp port can be upped..is this true if so how do i do it?

cheers again

Just to eliminate the possiblity of a bad ground on the monitor cable; consider unplugging it from the wall (the monitor) and from the back of the AGP card.

If the computer continues to emit sparks then you know your problem is likely the powersupply.

On the other hand, if the problem goes away, all you need is a new monitor power cable.

doggmeister (Feb 20, 2001 06:05 p.m.):
Cheers guys for the advice..now I know why the damn case was so cheap..I'll source a 300w ps as soon as I get home and turn the machine off (i leave my pc on 24/7) ..anyhoo regarding the monitor it has it's own plug so i connect it direct to mains not through pc, so not sure if that would be the problem..also the ps seems to be blowing out hot air not cool air as it should be..another factor i suppose

regarding the agp I would like to over clock it to 89 as i hear the fsb for the agp port can be upped..is this true if so how do i do it?

cheers again

Back