• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLOW pc3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok..i have Geil Ram pc3200 512mb ddr400 and i got it from newegg......you already know what mobo and i don't know if the chip is unlocked..its a tbred xp2100...

i don't kno what the default multiplier is on it but the bios doesn't give me an option to lower the multiplier.....the only place that i have seen to change the multiplier is on the motherboard itself with a series of switches.....6 of them i think....and turning them on and off gives you different values as outlines in the mobo manual....

how would i go about lowering the multiplier if i don't know if the chip is unlocked and what are the suggested ram timings for oc'ing the Geil ram...(with ramsinks)....(pretty blue color)

sorry i didn't provide enuf info and thats my fault...ill try to be more specific....

sometimes i don't even kno what im asking...

I'm also having trouble with slow memory benchmarks and increasing fsb to 166 helped but the Sandra scores are still way below "average" for some reason. On my mobo, an Epox 8K5A2, I can't use the "fastest" or "turbo" settings no matter what fsb I select. It fails Memtest86 test 5 every time. I have a stick of Crucial 2700 and it will run with no errors to 166 fsb and higher but I just can't get the mem timings to work on the higher settings.

Also I tried 166 x 10 and 166 x 9 which should be stable but I get video and/or sound card crashes within a couple hours even though temps never get above 107F. Why is this happening? The pci and agp are running at stock speed so why the crashes? All tests I run are 100% stable at these speeds, Memtest, Prime95, Sandra. I dropped back to 136 x 12.5 and it runs stable even though I'm 100 Mhz faster. I just don't get it.

Last edited:
this is not flame

not flaming or anything i just find it funny how this being an OVERCLOCKERS forum, you wanted info on stock settings...its not in our blood.

haha good point but i guess i assumed that the memory would automatically run at those settings...and i also realized the only response i got was related to "upping" the FSB...aka overclocking....

so am i right in assuming the ram timings are 6-3-3 2T.....i will by trying this next period so a speedy response will be appreciated.....

and ho do i lower the multi and find out if the chip is unlocked?....

Back