• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neo86

Is there a way to get power to my Eheim 1250 pump without cutting a hole in my case? There isn't a hole big enough for that power connector to fit through. Not even a pci slot will work.

I just want to be able to close my case door! *sniff*

P.S I have a Antec SX1030 case.

You can borrow the AC feed to your PSU. There are two paths to do that. The simpler is cut the AC plug off of your pump and snake the cord in through one of the PSU vent slits. Solder all three wires in the AC cord to their respective counterparts on the AC jack at the rear of the PSU. Your pump will run 24/7 in that configuration. The second is more complicated and involves tucking a relay inside the PSU that is energized by the PSU +12V output. The relay is in series with the AC path and when you turn on the PSU, the relay closes and the AC path to the pump is made. That's how I did mine. If you are not competent in electronics wiring, it may be too much to take on.

Hoot

Back