• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sneak Peek - Beast III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Arca_ex said:
Are those things even clamps? They look more like a type of compression fitting to me.
Yes they are clamps, they don't touch the water at all. The clamps are 3 pieces, 2 sides that screw together and a compression RING inside. Put hose on barb, put first side over hose that is on barb, screw the 2 sides together and the ring compresses the tube to the barb.

Ring in one half:

ring.jpg

installingringnotube.jpg

installingring.jpg

installside.jpg

Interesting clamps. These work on practically any fitting?

Though I like the look (if they also come in, say, flat black), but I don't think I could part with the nylon Eldon James fittings that come with the ThermoChills. Best straight fitting I've ever had the pleasure of using.

VR, I'm not using a shroud on the PA, no need for it. Arca, I got mine at www.summitracing.com but it seems they don't carry them anymore... Be warned these clamps are not cheap. I got them on special for $6 each. Normally they are like $12 each for the size I use. Phide, check this site here http://www.paragonperformance.com/hose locks.html you can see the many different sizes and colors, the fitment is weird, I'm using 7/16" ID tubing which is 5/8" OD but get even fatter when the tube is over the barb. I am using this size: PP-1A-08 but if I were using 1/2" ID tubing, these would not work at all, I'd likely need the PP-1A-10. They also make hex clamps but I like the look of the spanner locks.

gvblake22 said:
I still want to know what paint that is so I can get some...
You mean the green of the case? It isn't paint! It is powdercoated and I have no idea of the exact color, I can try to find out.

Can't wait to see the final product. Conroe and your monster project are just around the corner, mmmm:drool: .

Arca_ex said:
Ha, yeah. Just try getting into a CPU cage thing at Fry's, they have stacks and stacks of Pentium D's and P 4's, lol.
Why try get into it when you can just steal the whole cage.:sn:

Back