• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sorry guys....Ijust can't reach 2.00 Hours at SETI Bench....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
markodude said:
He just means the std CLI with no addons Hipro....
I do need better memory bandwidth on the Athlon - Ive tried 200x11, it runs stable but my times are worse as I have to drop to Cas2.5
I popped a stick of my XMS3000 in there and could not get it to run stable at Cas2 either, even with 3.2v. My Micron PC2100 is as good as this stuff! I really need XMS3200/3500C2 to be pushing my memory bandwidth any further.....
Prometia should get me stable at 2.4ghz which will get me a 2.2 or therabouts I reckon. To go lower I need to run 200x12 CAS2 Turbo so would need Prometia and memory.
Never mind its still the one of the fastest SETI benchmarks Ive seen on an air cooled chip. Bear in mind it beats all P4's on there except yours, which is because you have it unlocked!
BTW can I have your 2.66ES when you get a 3.06 :D - will the 3.06 be an ES chip? I have 2 ES chips now and both are locked :(

Yes the P4 3,06GHz will be an ES unlocked chip too....The 2,66GHz one I trade it with this one (2,8GHz) I'm working now....;)

The bench I posted was with my ram at 242MHz(484MHz DDR) with Cas 2-2-3-7.....Now I'll retry with my memory module working at 254MHz(508MHz DDR) at Cas 2-2-3-7 and with the following Memory bandwidth to see what shall I get.....;)

mem_254_2_2_3_7.png

Last edited:
Mictlan said:

What you can do is the following:

In a new folder copy all the *.sah files found in the SETIDriver folder that contain the benchmark WU. Then copy the setiathome-3.03.i386-winnt-cmdline.exe file. Create a shortcut to that last file. In the properties of the shortcut click into the location and add the "-stop_after_process" tag after the complete name of the program. This way the program will crunch the WU and when it finishs it, will stop waiting for the user interface. Now the only problem will be seeing what time did you got.

As a side note. If you leave all the bottom boxes cleared, SETIspy will only use the resources needed to track down the WU when you use the Refresh Now button. You can try it and see if any of this help you shave those 180 seconds you need. :D

Thanks for the advise Mictlan....I'll give it a try....;) :)

Nice memory bandwidth there hipro!
I never realised you are on a 2.8 now, hope you break the 2hr mark! My guy has an ES 2.8 at the moment which he will trade in my 2.53ES for soon - he says 3.06ES is in short supply in the UK...I hope the 2.8 is unlocked :D

Last edited:
Back