• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System will not POST or boot Windows with Turtle beach Z60 headphones in USBport

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

As simple as the title says my system will not post, boot anything unless I disconnect my headset prior to hitting my power button.

I have to manually hit the toggle switch on my PSU to shut down.

Is this a known issue/ what causes it and how can I resolve it because it's annoying to have to pull the thing out every single time.

Don't know if this helps but Im running it in the 3.0 port in the front of my case.

What OS are you using? Windows 8/8.1 have known issues with the USB stack that cause some USB 3.0 devices to bork the USB 3.0 function. But I have not heard that it prevents booting. Does it do this with the headset plugged into a USB 2.0 port. Try it for comparison.

What OS are you using? Windows 8/8.1 have known issues with the USB stack that cause some USB 3.0 devices to bork the USB 3.0 function. But I have not heard that it prevents booting. Does it do this with the headset plugged into a USB 2.0 port. Try it for comparison.

8.1 64bit

Plug the headset into the USB 3 port and then check Device Manager to see if it threw any flags.

Back