• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Contest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This contest is a good idea:D Sounds good, especially for those who have more than one machine folding. I really can't complain though. I still don't know how I did it, but in approximately 18 days since I started I have moved up almost 500 places to #200 as of today. Not to bad for only one machine:D

Well part of the idea is to get poeple to try and recuit new systems to fold for them.
Maybe you have some friends that you know that might help you out as well as helping out the good cause of folding?
Even a old 266 system can complete some of the alot of the smaller work units in time to add a few points.

If things go well in a month or so I will be having another contest not sure just what kind it will be. So keep folding :)

Robert, 2 things. Looks like, based on your examples, the formula should be ((((1000-NS)/NS)-(1000-OS)/OS)*NS)-(NS/2).
NS=newstanding;OS=oldstanding
(just one set of parens added.)

Here are some possible scores:
(someone please check the math)

400 300 negative 197.0
300 299 negative 146.167
200 199 negative 94.5
200 190 negative 45.0
60 59 negative 12.8333
50 49 negative 4.5

Last edited:
you know, i think i'm going to go with the crowd... if i win i'm starting another competiton.. this is too much fun!

plus, it's for a great cause... now to get those seti-nerds on our side!!

get your folding boxs in shape... about 23h until the competion starts! :D

I just oc:ed my duron700 @ 867 (133fsb). It was before 700@900 but for some reason after running it days and after a reboot... it got back to 700. I hope the unclocking is working now. (I used different pencil and taped over like on the last attempt)

If you get permision to have you school fold in your name thats fine. The main resion the rules are the way there are is I didnt want someone from some other forum to jump in and fold for us for two weeks then go back to there team.

So if you can get systems to fold for you great but remeber we realy need long term help not just for two week. I just hope I dont see poeple stop folding when we are done its for a great cause and it can be fun as well.

And remember your not only helping us your helping everyone.

Man i should have waited to get my backup system online as i have shot up like 100 places over weekend.. J/K its all good... i wont hold ANYTHING up.. infact im working on squeezing more out of my bakup rig Ive already increased my folding rate by 8-10 by tweaking bios settings for ram cas and including bank interleave (it really does help) i forgot that i backed this one down in FSB (was really @1035 mhz now up to 1088 again) and im looking for more :)

walaka7 said:
Man i should have waited to get my backup system online as i have shot up like 100 places over weekend.. J/K its all good... i wont hold ANYTHING up.. infact im working on squeezing more out of my bakup rig Ive already increased my folding rate by 8-10 by tweaking bios settings for ram cas and including bank interleave (it really does help) i forgot that i backed this one down in FSB (was really @1035 mhz now up to 1088 again) and im looking for more :)

Any places that you jump up now will be worth more than they would have been had you waited. The scoring is weighted to make it as fair as it can be. If I pass Robertm (which is very unlikely :))the points will be much greater because of the difficulty that comes from passing people once you get higher up (although I've excluded myself so it's just an example ;))

yeah but i went from 350 to 250... i cant make that kinda jump from 250 to 150.. i know the higher up you are the more jumps count but im going to be close to 200 when to contest starts.. but like i said.. im not holding or sandbagging.. in fact their are 2 protein A's that will log tonight just before contest begins.. it will just be gratifieing to me to see the great turnout

FOLD FOLD FOLD~!!!!!!!!

outstanding contest guys....if I didn't ahve my own team I'd fire up my OC.com(current rank #90) status for awhile. Can't do it though....so far my team(all 3 of us) have made it up to Team Rank#168

Good Luck to everyone entering the Contest! :)

Tithulta said:
outstanding contest guys....if I didn't ahve my own team I'd fire up my OC.com(current rank #90) status for awhile. Can't do it though....so far my team(all 3 of us) have made it up to Team Rank#168

Good Luck to everyone entering the Contest! :)

I still think that your teams should join us! :D

I've added four Celly433 part time folders for dnelson1, and another Celly433 folding as often as possible.

My main rig crashed tho :eek:
8 hours - wasted!.

donno what happened, but I checked Standford, and it says I have 3 processors folding ! the problem is I have only 2 rigs (single-processors). So maybe it's a glich, or someone started folding for me ! if it's this last option : THANK YOU !!!!! :D :D :D

nah thats hapopened to me as well.. i thought is was that i swtiched programs (graphic to console) but it still says i have 3.. i WISH i had another XP rig running.. my poor t-bird is working its a@@ off just to bang out a protein a in 24 hours

The Stanford server screws up somehow on the processor count. They show me folding with 7 processors and I only have had 4 rigs running until today. I just put my P3 1.26S rig back online aircooled while I finish up re-doing the pelt/waterblock for it. Heck, it's competition time now, need every point I can get for that XP1600:D

Back